276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Alienware AW2720HFA 27 Inch Full HD (1920x1080) Gaming Monitor, 240Hz, IPS, 1ms, AMD Radeon FreeSync, NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible, DisplayPort, 2x HDMI, 5x USB 3.1, 3 Year Warranty

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But this is still a bright and dynamic display by conventional standards. Think of it as turbocharged SDR rather than true HDR and you’ll get the right idea, even if it is handy that this display can process an HDR signal. It means you’ll get the correct colours when viewing HDR content, be that video or games.

In fact, there are only limited set of games you would even want to priotise FPS over quality. These will be competitive FPS games (like overwatch, CS;GO) or MOBA (lol) Speaking of cameras. MSI also provides a mount that fixes to the top bezel. The idea is to attach a webcam to the display for streaming purposes. It’s a niche feature, but could be handy for gamers who like to stream. Performance Different to the models sold in the US? Every review I've seen shows an LED light in the top rear part of the monitor. This has no lighting. Resolution-wise, we’re talking 3,440 by 1,440 pixels, which is the current norm for this class of 21:9 aspect monitor. There’s also adaptive sync support in FreeSync 2 rather than Nvidia G-Sync form.Stand is solid, very firm and doesn't wobble the screen even if the desk shakes. There is also a convenient cable management tunnel within the stand Installatie van een lokaal station met setup.exe-bestand voor ALIENWARE_AW2720HF-MONITOR_A00-00_DRVR_VKKDJ.exe It makes for punchier colours and better contrast than the IPS alternative and in this implementation comes with little to no downside in terms of response and input lag. We’d rate that as a win. Use it right, congratulations on your lamborghini. It'll spoil you and you'll wonder how 60Hz was ever enough.

TN Display - My daughter pointed out that if sitting too low or at an angle, the screen becomes harder to see. Ideally you want to be looking straight at the screen. You the screen doesn't fade when looking at it from slight angles. Elsewhere, you get excellent connectivity in the form of DisplayPort, HDMI and USB-C interfaces.MSI has also fitted the Optix MPG341CQR with a camera in its lower bezel.Most of the competition in this segment goes with IPS panel tech, but VA tech does have one very clear advantage, namely static contrast. This monitor is rated at 3:000:1 for static contrast, far better than any IPS screen can achieve. Het venster Zelfuitpakken wordt weergegeven en u wordt gevraagd uit te pakken naar C:\Dell\Drivers\VKKDJ. Noteer dit pad zodat u het uitvoerbare bestand later kunt terugvinden.

The problem is the screen being a Nano IPS panel gave me eye strain during gaming sessions and became practically unusable for me over the space of less than an hour. Whilst this is the case for me this may not apply to everyone and therefore I have not marked it down for this. Everyone's eyes are different and therefore are more sensitive than others. I will leave this part of the review as a food for thought. resolution - Yes I know, I shouldn't complain about this, but there is a voice inside me that says the size warrants a higher resolution. The screen just doesn't look sharp.

MSI goes for VA rather than IPS panel tech for its hot new 34-inch gaming monitor

What to make of MSI’s new Optix MPG341CQR? In a gaming monitor market that’s very crowded, it does an excellent job of standing out. The use of VA rather than IPS panel technology is a net plus in terms of image quality. Lees de licentieovereenkomst voor eindgebruikers en selecteer de optie Ik ga akkoord met de voorwaarden in de licentieovereenkomst. TL;DR: 240Hz is both a curse and a blessing. You're spending extra for a niche feature you might not even be able to use. Make really sure that you really need the 240Hz, because most people would be better off with 144Hz + 1ms to up the display specs in other ways (picture quality like IPS or resolution like 2K) Just make sure you don't settle with 60Hz unless you're going for 4K. So you are probably thinking this review is dragging on and on what could possible be wrong with this monitor? Yes, there are LCD panels that deliver slightly less motion blur. But what MSI has achieved with VA panel tech here is impressive. There’s also a zero latency mode, but we found little subjective evidence of lag operating in standard mode.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment