276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BAOFENG GT-3TP Mark-III 8W/4W/1W High Power Dual Band Two-Way Radio Transceiver 2 Pack + 2 Remote Speaker + 2 Car Charger + 1 Programming Cable Orange

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What I found really interesting with the Baofeng GT-3TP dual band was the transmit audio and signal quality. The transmit volume is about average and there is a little too much treble but unlike a lot of other radios it doesn’t tend to overdrive any part of the voice too much so your speech is pretty clear even at long ranges. Looking at the spectrum during transmitting the radio seems dead-on accurate and clean, both of which can be difficult to find in less expensive radios. NOTE 2: Not all functionality is supported on all radio models. Not all models and variants are listed here. For a more complete view of everything supported, as well as which features are supported for which model, take a look at overview of supported features for the latest build. Other Data Sources ¶ File Formats GT-3TP Mark-III has High / Med / Low Power Settings Broad (Wide) / Narrowband (Narrow), High power / low power (5W / 1W), selectable. Selectable Frequency Step: 2.5/5/6.25/10/12.5/25 kHz. To that disappointment, you can add that the Baofeng GT-3TP’s Call and MONI buttons above and below the PTT button are super squishy things that have absolutely no place on an amateur radio. Yech!

BAOFENG GT-3TP Mark-III 8W/4W/1W High Power Dual Band Two-Way

I have, like most of my friends, the popular radio Baofeng UV-5R plus. There is now an updated model from Baofeng called GT-3. Which is the best antenna to buy for this radio? I dont care if is 40cm in lenght at max 30€ And an antenna doesn’t ruin the audio. blog_excerpt": "Votre magasin n'a encore rien bloggué. Un blog peut être utilisé pour parler des lancements de nouveaux produits, d'astuces, ou d'autres nouvelles que vous voulez partager avec vos clients. Vous pouvez regarder le blog d'e-commerce de Shopify pour trouver de l'inspiration et des conseils pour votre propre magasin et blog.", VOX Function: Enjoy handsfree operations with the built-in VOX function of the portable walkie talkies. With a portable and sturdy body, you can rest assured that it will be the perfect partner for you on the road.

Software

Overall, this radio isn’t difficult to use for experienced ham operators. The manual programming isn’t the most intuitive and some functions simply do not work as the instructions claim. This is all something that an experienced user who has dealt with CHIRP software can easily overcome. The case of the GT3 models have easy grip rubber orange sides. The corners are rounded and the overall form factor feels very comfortable in the hand. The volume knob has a rubberized ring that makes it very easy to turn.

Baofeng GT-3TP Mark III 8W Dual Band Radio

False harmonics will only be displayed by an analyzer if you feed it with too much signal. A beginner’s fault which will overload the mixer. CHIRP is a free, open-source tool for programming your radio. It supports a large number of manufacturers and models, as well as provides a way to interface with multiple data sources and formats. When both ends have been connected, turn on your radio. Make sure it has enough power during the programming procedure. The GT-3TP is one of the many ‘triple powers’ on the market. The last one I reviewed was the Intek KT-980HP, and some results are comparable. The Intek did much better on harmonic suppression, but the GT-3TP wins with its receiver and much better antenna.

FAQ

Upgraded Antenna: The 21cm high gain antenna has better stability and performance compared to the old antenna. Combined with 8W high output power, the dual band two-way radio can even extend the talking range up to 11km. Big buttons & knob: GT-3TP has built in PTT key, CALL key, and MONI key on the left side of the radio

Software - BaoFeng Download Software - BaoFeng

While the instruction manual isn’t great, it does provide enough information to get your radio set up and running with the basic functionalities. Be warned that anyone who is starting out with ham radios will face a steep learning curve. product_description": "This area is used to describe your product’s details. Tell customers about the look, feel, and style of your product. Add details on color, materials used, sizing, and where it was made.", once you have the serial cable working with the correct driver and you select the walkie mentioned above it will work like a charm. The car charger is actually 10 volts rather than the typical 12 volts. The charging cradle of the GT-3TP is specifically designed to take a maximum of 10 volts. It’s actually a nice gesture on behalf of Baofeng to keep the parts consistent. The annoying bit is that you still need to connect the car charger to the charging cradle rather than directly into the radio for car charging. If you are a vendor and want to have your radio supported by CHIRP, please see InformationForVendorsHigh Power: Maximize the 8W output power of the Baofeng GT-3TP handheld ham radio to get extended range and increased clarity during transmission. Another low and mid-range power is available to help extend battery life.

BaoFeng Support and Help - BaoFeng

The BaoFeng GT-3TP is a dual band two-way radio. It supports the following frequency ranges: 65-108 MHz for receiving FM radio, VHF 136 – 174 MHz, UHF 400 -520. It supports up to 128 memory channels.

My review sample had an unusual frequency range: 140 – 160 MHz and 430 – 441 MHz. Because my sample came directly from Sainsonic’s head office, I think that this particular radio was originally intended for another region. It’s not really important; if you want a wider range you can set other boundaries by software.)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment