276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Julius Caesar: Third Series (The Arden Shakespeare Third Series)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The introduction sets the play in the context of the last years of Elizabeth I's reign, with rebellion stirring and conflicts over the calendar. In addition to his work as an editor, he has published studies of Shakespeare, Christopher Marlowe, and the Stuart Court Masque, among others, though it is for his work as an editor that he is primarily known. Two erotic poems, Venus and Adonis and The Rape of Lucrece were published in 1593 and 1594 and records of his plays begin to appear in 1594 for Richard III and the three parts of Henry VI. His plays have been translated into every major living language and are performed more often than those of any other playwright.

The richly experimental verse and the complex structure of the play are analysed in depth, and a strong case is made for this to be the first play to be performed at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. Etsy’s 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centres that host Etsy. Some time before 1592, he left his family to take up residence in London, where he began acting and writing plays and poetry. Most recently he authored Shakespeare and Biography, a study of the history of Shakespearean biography and of such biographers, as well as Murder Most Foul: Hamlet Through the Ages. A wonderful introduction covering the many aspects of how and why Shakespeare's Julius Caesar has been staged through time; insight into Shakespeare's motives in writing the play set in context of the Elizabethan court and much more.By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. It also explains the conscious use of classical rhetoric in the language of Caesar himself, contrasting with the "modern" language of Cassius, and discusses Shakespeare's subtle use of his main source, Plutarch. Not to mention it took me nearly a month to receive the item, the one I received does no at all correspond with the description. Before retiring to Stratford in 1613, after the Globe burned down, he wrote more than three dozen plays (that we are sure of) and more than 150 sonnets. The introduction sets the play in the context of the last years of Elizabeth I s reign, with rebellion stirring and conflicts over the calenda.

Thought to have been educated at the local grammar school, he married Anne Hathaway, with whom he went on to have three children, at the age of eighteen, before moving to London to work in the theatre. Turning off the personalised advertising setting won’t stop you from seeing Etsy ads, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive.The only unfortunate feature of this edition is its over-hasty discussion of modern criticism - running to less than three pages - despite the editor's conviction that New Historicist, Cultural Materialist and feminist work offer rich new seams of understanding. He probably developed an interest in theatre by watching plays performed by traveling players in Stratford while still in his youth.

Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH).

It was through his popularity that the troupe gained the attention of the new king, James I, who appointed them the King's Players in 1603.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment