276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Women Around the Messenger

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This 21-hour sitting provided real examples and role models that both men and women can hold to high-regard. More specifically, the practicality of this course alongside the biographical accounts of all of the wives of the Prophet (s) and the pious Sahabiyyat make this course an interesting blend of history and politics fused with Islamic insight and direction. The most beneficial aspects of the course were in Shaykh Akram’s ability to connect history to the present day and draw parallels to the contemporary issues of our time. At the same time, the intellectual rigour with which he evaluated of the biographical accounts of our golden generation was immensely beneficial. First and foremost, one should notice the diversity of personality and attributes of each of the wives of the Prophet (s). Some had more virtues than others, however they all had stand-alone qualities which made them unique. Shaykh Akram Nadwi felt strongly that women shouldn’t be pressured through culture to adopt a personality that isn’t their nature. The Prophet (s) didn’t make an effort to change the nature of his wives to be like him. He did point them to virtue if the opportunity lended itself to it. Some virtues were easier to adopt and each person differed in what they found easy to do. They were all different, and this diversity provides rich insight for Muslims in today’s society. This is because a women can find similarities in them to any of the wives of the Prophet (s) so to best harmonise the conflict and differences a person may have with their spouse or to emulate them for self-development. Prophet (saws) said: “Whenever I turned left or right on the day of the battle of Uhud, I always saw her (Umm ‘Ammarah) fighting in my defense.”

Asma bint Umais (رضي الله عنها – may Allah be pleased with her) was one of the earliest converts to Islam. She was married to Jafar bin Abi Talib (RA) and when he was martyred in Battle of Mu’tah,she married Abu Bakr (RA). After his death, she married Abdur Rahman bin Awf (RA) and after his death, she married Ali bin Abi Talib (RA). Baraka accompanied Amina on her journey to Yathrib. They went on two camels with Amina riding one and Baraka riding the other, while holding on to the blessed six-year-old Muhammad. When Amina suddenly died, Baraka did everything she could to console the young boy. She knew how deeply he loved his mother and understood how alone he must have felt, now that he was an orphan for a second time. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds, and peace and blessings be upon the final Messenger of Allah, his household, his Companions and those who follow his guidance. Read this book. Live the lives of these great women as they lived them around the prophet. You will tell the tales to your friends and families. Abdullah was a twenty-five-year-old man of high morals and good, sociable character. He was so handsome that he was known as the Yusuf of his time. He had the light of radiance shining from his face. It was the light of prophethood that would leave him and take seed in Amina’s womb.Amina heard the painful news, she fainted, and I stayed by her bedside while she was in a state between life and death. There was no one else but me in Amina’s house. I nursed her and looked after her during the day and through the long nights until she gave birth to her child Muhammad on a night in which the heavens were resplendent with the light of God. This shows that both husband and wife used to work really hard till their bodies ached. Fatima and Ali were what people would nowadays tag as – a stay at home mum and a breadwinner of the family respectively. They were not able to afford a servant. But when the economic situationof Muslims became better, Fatimah gained some maids with whom she performed the house duties. Lessons learned from her story: But soon after, her husband Ikramah (along with her brother & father) got martyred in the battle of Yarmouk. After her iddah, she was proposed by a commander of the Umayyad Muslims – Khalid ibn Sa’id (RA).She wished to postpone the marriage until the war was over, but he said: “I feel that I would be killed.” Umm Hakim then agreed and he gave her 400 dinar (gold coins) mehr on their marriage. Musaylamah did not respect the world-wide norms of that time of respecting messengers and guaranteeing their safety. He asked Habib, "Do you testify that I am the Messenger of Allah?" Khansa together with her 4 sons took part in the famous battle of Qadisiyyāh – which was fought between the Muslims and the Persians. On the eve of that battle, she gathered her sons and said;

Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases. And even then, Baraka stayed in Khadija’s house with the married couple, as the bond between Baraka and the Prophet was so strong. She once said, I never left him and he never left me. One day Muhammad called out to Baraka saying, O mother! Now I am a married man, and you are still unmarried. What do you think if someone should come now and ask to marry you? Baraka looked at Muhammad and said, I shall never leave you. Does a mother abandon her son? Muhammad smiled and kissed her head. He looked at his wife Khadija and said to her, This is Baraka. This is my mother after my own mother. She is the rest of my family. Anas reported that Umm Sulaim said (to the Holy Prophet) Allah’s Messenger, here is your servant Anas, invoke blessings of Allah upon him. Thereupon he ﷺ said:I learnt that if you set your mind to something, nothing can stop you! Hajj isn’t a piece of cake even in this age when we can travel on automobiles and it’s HARD even when you’re not pregnant! So, for a woman to go through labour anddeliverduring Hajj and then get up to complete it saying “here I am my Lord,here I am” is an achievement on its own! a dua that has become a staple in our home now, especially when my kids cry or I’m lullaby-ing them to sleep. My 3 year old used to recite it to her crying baby sister and even used to put her doll to sleep reciting this too). Lessons learned from her story: After consultation between the Prophet (peace be upon him) and the Ansar, they rose to take the oath. Umm 'Imarah narrated the event as follows: After leaving her husband, She went on to become a scholar and taught Islam till her last breath. Lessons learned from her story:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment