276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Running on the Roof of the World

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you are still wondering how to get free PDF EPUB of book Running on the Roof of the World by Jess Butterworth. With a backpack of Tash’s father’s mysterious papers and two trusty yaks by their side, their extraordinary journey across the Himalayas begins and builds to a thrilling climax. Filled with friendship, love and courage, this young girl's thrilling journey to save her parents is an ideal read for children aged 9-12. I can't explain what I mean but it felt like a short story, almost a traditional fairy tale, rather than a children's novel. The attitude and outlook of the Tibetan people is reflected in many of the characters in the book and it’s refreshing to read.

The Roof of the World or Top of the World is a metaphoric epithet or phrase used to describe the high region in the world, also known as High Asia.Yesterday a parent came over to tell me how impressed she was by the book fair and that you did a fabulous job of selling the books to the children first. Life remains peaceful as long as Tash, her family, and their community hide their religion and don’t mention its leader, the Dalai Lama.

It def would’ve helped break up some of the complications of the human/political complications as well.

With a defiant determination that belies her 12 years, Tash wastes no time in putting a plan into action. Jamie is a publishing/book nerd who makes a living by wrangling words together into some sense of coherence. Note to Parents: The inciting incident comes when a Buddhist sets himself on fire, known as self-immolation. She, Sam and their two yaks set out on a dangerous journey across the Himalayas to reach India and the Dalai Lama, who she hopes will be able to save her parents. They are taken away and it is up to Tash and her best friend to get a message out to the Resistance, to help set them free.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment