276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Gro Company Ollie The Owl Gro Anywhere Portable Blackout Blind with Suction Cups,

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He gets out of the bath at 7.25 pm and goes straight into his darkened room with his autism friendly bedroom sensory aids (see later) switched on. Routine can have a hugely positive affect on all children. As it happens, my husband and I are very much creatures of habit and we cannot function without clear routines ourselves. Our approach will not work for every family, but many may find some of the things useful, and may be able to adapt them to suit their family life. My parents have one of these for when DD stays and haven't complained at all, the exact make you've linked too. If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can support Someone’s Mum: These are the routines and bedtime aids that create an autism friendly bedroom and help all of us get a good night’s sleep. Hopefully they may be helpful ideas for some.

Portable Blackout Blind Product Support - Tommee Tippee

It can be notoriously difficult for children on the spectrum to get to sleep. What’s more, no one really knows why. Some believe it may be related to lower melatonin levels, or perhaps sensory issues, but even doctors do not fully understand what the issue may be. We have been fairly fortunate in that, although Biggest does wake fairly often, his rigidity of thought and strong routine means that he usually stays in bed. However, over the last few years we have found a few products and developed a few strategies that I believe have helped him get to this point. An autism friendly bedroom and bedtime routine may help some children with sleep difficulties but many parents may have tried everything, with little success. We both have a script that we use, with goodnight phrases that are exactly the same every night. Matt tells him that he is our “super special little chap” and to make sure he “looks after teddy” in the night. I always ask “How much do I love you?”. Biggest’s response is “As much as the whole world” and I always answer “And even more than that gorgeous boy. Goodnight.” It is exactly the same, every night. I bought one with DC1, even when I did wet the suction cups, fell off in a couple of places but not a waste of money. Our son is a sensory seeker and so he often needs light and sound to feel safe. Some of these products will not work for children who may need to reduce sensory stimulation to sleep. Marpac Dohm DS Dual Speed Sound Conditioner His father reads has a selection of familiar stories and poems to him. The same poem always comes last –‘The Engine Driver’ by Clive SansomThe bedtime routine is exactly the same, every time. His sister goes up for her bath at 7 pm, he has a bath at 7.15 pm. He has a bath every single day. This may seem like more than is needed, and difficult to maintain, but we have found it is an excellent signal for him. He always has a bath at 7.15. He always goes to bed straight afterwards. The certainty gives him comfort and the sensory cues tell his body it is time to sleep soon. If there is trouble settling, he is never allowed to get up and come downstairs. One of us will go to him, comfort him, if necessary, but the only times he had been allowed up is when he has been so ill that we need to see the out of hours doctor. This can be very tough at first. We spent many months and many evenings sitting with both the children. But, eventually, it has been very successful.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment