276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Book of Azrael: 1 (Gods & Monsters)

£8.59£17.18Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This book really reminded me what a feat it is to face trauma and tragedy and rise to meet it with courage and the sheer will to survive. l, - r eɪ-/; Hebrew: עֲזַרְאֵל, romanized: ʿǍzarʾēl, 'God has helped'; [2] Arabic: عزرائيل, romanized: ʿAzrāʾīl or ʿIzrāʾīl) is the angel of death in some Abrahamic religions, namely Islam and Christian popular culture. Ternyata Kita Tak Pantas Masuk Surga[ Turns out we did not deserve to enter the heaven] (ebook) (Religion / Islam / General, Young Adult Nonfiction / Religion / Islam) (in Indonesian). The Book of Azrael jumped right off my BookTok FYP and straight into my Kindle and sparked a new obsession I didn't know I needed.

The Book Of Azrael by Amber V. Nicole REVIEW: The Book Of Azrael by Amber V. Nicole

Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. I had already been sharing my chaotic reading updates about TBOA and how much I was enjoying it so this really made my reading experience so amazing and unique!

Whenever a face within Azrael body vanished, then the soul which connected with it will experience death. Archeological evidence uncovered in Jewish settlements in Mesopotamia confirm that it was indeed at one time used on an Aramaic incantation bowl from the 7th century. According to one Muslim tradition, 40 days before the death of a person approaches, God drops a leaf from a tree below the heavenly throne, on which Azrael reads the name of the person he must take with him. The eighth Umayyad Caliph Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz once reported the commentary regarding Azrael in Quran chapter As-Sajdah verse 11 Quran 32:11, that taking many lives are very easy for the angel, that in caliph's words "it is as if the entire mankind of earth were only like a dish on a plate from the perspective of Malak al-Mawt (angel of death)".

The Book of Azrael by Amber Nicole - online free at Epub The Book of Azrael by Amber Nicole - online free at Epub

However, more recent scholars has argued while Muqatil are not trustworthy, his theology as antrophomorphist are falsely attributed, as Ibn Abi al-Izz (d. However, as the text thereon only lists names, an association of this angelic name with death cannot be identified in Judaism. Getting lost in The Book of Azrael and getting to know these characters definitely helped me cope and keep my anxiety at bay as I adjusted to new medications and tried to get back to baseline. Depending on the perspective and precepts of the various religions in which he is a figure, he may also be portrayed as a resident of the Third Heaven, a division of heaven in Judaism and Islam. The Hebrew Bible does not mention an angel by the name Azrael, nor does it appear in the rabbinic literature of the Talmuds or Midrashim.TBOA invited me to give myself and others more grace and compassion and to be open to letting my guard down and letting people in. Ibn Hajar in particular quotes the following from him: "Two disgusting opinions came to us from the east: Jahm the negator [of God’s attributes] and Muqatil the anthropomorphist. Amber takes her time walking us through this thrilling world full of monsters and mysteries she created- setting us up for the jaw-dropping twists and turns as the reader explores what it means to cling to our humanity when the world demands that we become a monster to survive and protect the ones we love. When the unbelievers in hell cry out for help, an angel, also identified with Azrael, will appear on the horizon and tell them that they have to remain. Like I mentioned before, I was reading this book at a time when I was in more pain than I normally find functional, I was tired, grumpy, and feeling a little defeated.

Archangel Azrael, the Angel of Death in Islam - Learn Religions Archangel Azrael, the Angel of Death in Islam - Learn Religions

Now an attack on those he holds dear sends him back to the one realm he never wished to visit again and into the sights of an enemy he thought imprisoned eons ago. And that even when we need to be tough and strong, we are still worthy of community, love, and understanding. The belief that Azrael appears to saints before they actually die to prepare themselves for death, is also attested by the testament of Nasir Khusraw, in which he claims to have met Azrael during his sleep, informing him about his upcoming death. The book of Azrael is the first Urban Sci-Fi Fantasy Romance book that's been able to suck me in since Crescent City 1 and 2 by Sarah J Maas. Now, an attack on those he holds dear sends him back to the one realm he never wished to visit again, and into the sights of an enemy he thought imprisoned eons ago.A common belief holds that the lesser angels of death are for the common people, while saints and prophets meet the archangel of death himself. Some Western adaptions extended the physical description of Azrael, hence the poet Leigh Hunt depicts Azrael as wearing a black-hooded cloak.

The Book of Azrael by Amber V Nicole | Waterstones

In other account sourced from Muqatil ibn Sulayman, Azrael and death were said as one entity as he reported the angel has number of faces and hands equal to the number of living creatures on his body, where each of those faces and hands are connected with the life of each souls in the living world. The identification of "Death" and angel Azrael as one entity were explained in a Hadith about the fate of "Death" entity itself after the judgment day, where classical Hanafite scholar Badr al-Din al-Ayni has interpreted in that Hadith which compiled in Sahih Bukhari collection, that Death would take on the form of a ram, then placed between paradise and hell, and finally slaughtered by God himself, causing Death cease to exist, which followed by God to declare to both people of paradise and hell that eternity has begun, and their state will never end.Although Azrael isn’t mentioned as the angel of death in any Christian religious texts, some Christians associate him with death because of his link to the Grim Reaper of popular culture.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment