276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Gruffalo (Picture Books)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As well as being the UK's most successful picture book author, Julia Donaldson is a gifted songwriter for children. A Treasury of Songs contains over twenty of her songs, including fun-fille... Read more There's a commotion in the classroom as Goat and the other animals spend the day at playgroup. The musical instruments and the dressing up box are lots of fun, but - oh dear! - Goat gets into a mud... Read more

Sometimes it makes me feel slightly dizzy to think of all the children who are reading those books every day with their parents,” Scheffler said. “It’s such an intimate thing, and still we are kind of there.”Imagine Ellen's surprise when Princess Mirror-Belle climbs out of the bathroom mirror! She comes from a world where bubble fish swim in the bath, elves sleep in slippers, and brave knights fight fi... Read more

The Bowerbird is the irresistible tale of Bert – a small bird with a very big heart, from Number One bestselling Julia Donaldson and Catherine Rayner, winner of the Kate Greenaway Medal f... Read moreThe room where the children’s author Julia Donaldson writes – the heart of her vast picture book empire – is down a winding staircase, in the cellar of her grand white house in Steyning, West Sussex. Her desk looks out on the street at knee height. “I’m thinking of writing a book about legs,” Donaldson said, as she showed me around the house this summer. Children from the nearby school often wave in at her as they pass. Donaldson is well known in Steyning, due to her frequent signings at the local bookshop. She and her husband, Malcolm, a retired paediatrician, recently bought the local post office to save it from closure. But elsewhere she can walk the pavement without being recognised. “I got a letter the other day for Jacqueline Wilson,” Donaldson told me. “It said: ‘You’re my favourite author!’”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment