276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Revell Control 23396 Toy Robot, Pink

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Bryant, Will (July 15, 2002). "The Flaming Lips: Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots". Pitchfork. Archived from the original on April 20, 2011 . Retrieved May 5, 2011. Garrity, Brian (July 20, 2002). " Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (Music recording)". Billboard. p. 114 (29):18. Swedishcharts.com – The Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots". Hung Medien. Retrieved November 7, 2021. Wayne Coyne once claimed that every Flaming Lips song is a Christmas song, and while the group have been responsible for some of the best alternative Christmas songs of all time, the form’s maximalist tradition is also stamped through the Lips’ signature tune, Do You Realize?? Soaring strings, swooping synths, chiming bells and judiciously deployed key changes keep things festive, even as Coyne delivers a frank yet thoughtful home truth: “Do you realise/That everyone you know someday will die?” Yet rather than prompt despair, the song encourages listeners to be at peace with their smallness in the universe, and to share with loved ones the moments they can. “We play it every night, and I know in the audience there are people that this is their song… this is their mother in this song, this is their sons and daughters,” Coyne told Yahoo. “It’s like a piece of magic.” All We Have Is Now

Whilst bright and neon-tinged on the surface, Coyne shades these songs with moments of profound reflection; notably on opener ‘Fight Test’ with lines such as: “If it’s not now, then tell me when would be the time that you would stand up and be a man?”. Shot through with a sense of internal conflict that mirrors the fantasy outer battle between man and machine, it’s a touching method of humanisation which prevents the album from floating too far off into the sky.That’s according to Joe Brown, from Bristol Bot Builders, who has been making and fighting robots for nearly 10 years. We didn’t want it to sound like The Soft Bulletin at all,” Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne told this author for an interview published in Record Collector magazine in October 2020. “We don’t really know how to make another one of those. And it wasn’t what we wanted to make.” Listen to ‘Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots’ here. Dimery, Robert, ed. (2010). 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die: Revised and Updated Edition. Universe. ISBN 978-0-7893-2074-2. Phares, Heather. " Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots– The Flaming Lips". AllMusic. Archived from the original on June 2, 2012 . Retrieved May 5, 2011. Yoshimi explores themes of mortality and the nature of humanity, particularly as mankind tries to recreate its consciousness in technology, illustrated in a loose narrative of a young woman fighting robots who are “programmed to destroy” people – one of whom falls in love with her and kills himself instead.

Joe said: "It’s going to be a great event. I’d say Bristol is now the hotbed of robot combat in the UK.” Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots enters the ring with this coming-of-age song, Wayne Coyne reconsidering a long-held belief that pacifism ensures the upper hand in conflict. “I thought I was smart, I thought I was right/I thought it was better not to fight/I thought there was a virtue in always being cool,” he sings, before realising that, sometimes, you just have to roll up your sleeves and defend yourself. Refusal to do so has cost the protagonist of Fight Test his girlfriend, but there’s a wider message here – not only about standing up for what you believe in, but also about taking responsibility for your own destiny (“And I don’t know how a man decides what’s right for his own life/It’s all a mystery”). More cosmic connections abound: Fight Test’s melody shares DNA with Cat Stevens’ Father And Son, another song sung from an older, wiser perspective, with teachings about the importance of remaining true to oneself. One More Robot/Sympathy 3000-21 Lescharts.com – The Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots". Hung Medien. Retrieved November 7, 2021.Charts.nz – The Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots". Hung Medien. Retrieved November 7, 2021.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment