276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tidy

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Why do trees have leaves? Can you find out and think of ways to share this information with others? Can you find out about different types of leaves? Age 5-7 Pete is a badger who likes things to be tidy. He keeps the forest tidy even tidying away the Autumn leaves! Not content with this he decides to get rid of the trees as well and even goes as far as concreting over the forest. Now the forest is really tidy but Pete soon discovers he has no food and no way to get into his home either. Has he done the right thing? A clever story about the natural environment and what happens when it is destroyed. Are there possible perils in being just too tidy?! Lots to talk about here in this stunning picturebook. The cut outs in the cover and end papers make a lovely woodland scene. The rhyming text makes it perfect for joining in.

Badgers feature in Wind in the Willows– Kenneth Graham, The Fantastic Mr. Fox– Roald Dahl, Badger’s Parting Gift –Susan Varley and Mr. Badger and the Big Surprise –Leigh Hobbs. None of the badgers in these books appear as active or irresponsible as Pete in Tidy, although wild badgers do go to some trouble to keep their sett clean and remove stale bedding away from any openings. It would be interesting to find out if any other behaviour traits found in the wild animals are also found in the fictional badgers. Technique in creating illustrations in picture books. Emily Gravett's engaging woodland creatures will appeal to fans of such classics as The Animals of Farthing Wood and The Wind in the Willows and the rhythmic, rhyming text is perfect for reading aloud. About This Edition ISBN: This beautiful book, illustrated in warm tones, is full of expressive, characterful animals and tells a charming story. Emily Gravett's place in the world of children's books is already established but in Tidy she excels herself and will delight new audiences. -- Jane Sandell The ScotsmanThe message is admirable and the cut-out cover enticing, but the greatest joy is in the comic expressions, hand-wrought images and witty detail. Sunday Times Create some pictures of trees using finger painting. Here are some instructions from the author, Emily Gravett: A hilarious book about a badger with a big cleaning problem and what happens when things go out of hand.

Lush foliage and delightfully funny characters abound in this dramatic tale of overzealous neatness that delivers its message of environmental preservation with subtlety and humour. The freshness and vibrancy of the illustrations, the endearing charm of the animal characters, and the many deft comic details throughout make this a very special book - once you enter this forest, you'll never want to leave. Make a keep our forest tidy poster to encourage (human!) visitors not to drop litter Make your own cut out ‘peep through’ scene

Get to know us

Find the locations of forests in your local area. Could you visit some of them? Plan the journey there. I laughed myself silly reading this one. I just could see what would happen to the forest, well OK I didn't totally expect that at the end, but I was close. :P Poor animals, I wonder why they didn't try harder to stop the badger. It was quite fun how it started with just cleaning here and there and then escalated to that. Look at this animated version of the story. Could you create your own animated retelling of the book?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment