276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ultimate Guard Katana Inner Sleeves Standard Size Transparent (100)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Cortex sleeves are not the best sleeve on the market but they are certainly not the worst. Made with the average player in mind who doesn’t attend tournaments, but attends local game store events or plays with friends at home, the Cortex sleeves fit this audience perfectly. I know Dragon Shield sleeves have a large fanbase in the community and I also realize some or maybe even most of the listed solutions are on the higher end of the sleeve price spectrum. Opaqueness isn’t a new issue however and if you ever went to a tournament before, this is something you probably had to handle somehow. Besides, your cards love you (even when they give you agendas instead of ICE) and don’t they deserve some quality, opaque love in return? While both the matte and regular versions fall under the same Cortex umbrella, there are significant differences between the two in durability and ease of double-sleeving. That being said, both versions are fit for use and the deciding factor should always be the matte vs shiny finish of the display.

Katana Sleeves | Standard | Precision-Fit | Transparent | 100

If you’re new to the game you might wonder why sleeves matter at all, why can’t you just use any brand and type? Quoting the NISEI Organized Play Policies (this had been the same during FFG days, by the way): The thinness of the sleeves means they don't take as much abuse as a Dragon Shield. I'm noticing lots of little dings and dents on my sleeves that I never experienced with Dragon Shields, mostly on the edges. If you’re looking for durable, premium protection for your cards, yes. Ultimate Guard Katanas are definitely worth considering. All things considered, we definitely recommend giving them a try! Thank you for reading all this, I hope it was worth it and you learned something new about sleeves. I want to finish up with one of the best sleeve themed UFAQ entries of all time:With this new Cortex range, Ultimate Guard have managed to improve upon their Supreme sleeves without breaking the bank, and they should certainly be a consideration on your outer sleeve shortlist.

Ultimate Guard - UGD010112 - Katana Sleeves - Black (100

If you’re looking for reliable card protection with plenty of colorful options, consider investing in Ultimate Guard’s Katana Sleeves. They provide great value by offering lasting durability, an incredible shuffle feel, and vibrant and opaque colors at an affordable price. I played five rounds the next day and the sleeves held up very well. No bends on the corners, still very smooth with little to no dirt buildup (partially because I used a clean playmat! I know a place you can buy the best playmats ever ! 😉) Ultimate Guard Katana Sleeves are a newer sleeve from the popular accessory maker and bring premium quality at a premium price. They are made from 100% polypropylene material that is both acid-free and PVC-free.Worry not my fellow runners of the nets, there are indeed sleeves that are fully opaque and I will present some of those to you.

Sleeves Review - Are They A No Brainer? Ultimate Guard Cortex Sleeves Review - Are They A No Brainer?

However, you are getting what you pay for. Katanas are well worth the price given their quality and durability. If you have a few extra dollars to spend, these sleeves are the way to go. There isn’t much to complain about here. But we also don’t have much to get overly excited about. The front offers a clear view of your cards without creating too much glare. It also helps the colors pop.Difficult to double sleeve – double sleeving seems to be a challenge with top-down perfect fit sleeves. I would advise to either single sleeve with these or use sideloading perfect fit sleeves when double sleeving. Not as tall as a Dragon Shield (the cut is similar to Ultra Pro Eclipse), so there's no issue of "baconing" on the top edge over time.

sleeves are better: Ultimate Guard Katana or Which card sleeves are better: Ultimate Guard Katana or

Feel free to learn more about the other sleeve types and brands we carry in this Overview blog post ! For sleeves with images , the images will begin to pull away from the sleeve, causing many sleeves to be unusable after that. Our one complaint about Ultimate Guard Katana sleeves would be the colors. While there are currently 10 to choose from, they aren’t exciting. In fact, each color is pretty basic compared to Dragon Shield’s lineup of colors. We hope that Ultimate Guard continues adding new colors and styles to the Katana lineup as it is arguably its biggest shortcoming right now. Still, the colors that are available are rich and vibrant. You’ll be happy to look at them as long as there is one you like.In this review, we’ll go over the features of Ultimate Guard’s Katana sleeve lineup and analyze how they compare to other card sleeves. There has been a lot of talk lately about Katana sleeves and how they compare to other sleeves, so I thought I would write this review for the benefit of those who are curious about them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment