276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hope this Helps: How to be Kinder to Yourself and Others

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The second person and first person form of hope are the same, so I got a little confused because I didn't think about it carefully. I should have been able to tell that the clause wasn't an imperative because an imperative is usually a command directed at another person, and "Hope this helps!" is stating something in the first person. Rather than saying “I hope”, we can instead of saying “I’m confident” or “I know”. Utilizing the latter two, we reassure the receiving person of the validity of what they are given. This is my revised/updated/clarified/improved answer. To better provide focus, it's posted as a new answer.

May this be a positive aid”, is a cordial way of saying you’re hopeful your intel will prove useful to the receiving party. When we use the word “positive” we convey that we do want betterment for the receiving person, as a result of using our “aid”. If a doctor were to say “hope this helps” after giving someone medication, it leaves room for skepticism. Folks may be concerned about whether the medication would be of adequate help.

Is It Professional To Say “Hope This Helps”?

There are quite a few ways you might come across it in spoken English. For instance, you might hear someone say: When someone is facing an upsetting or difficult struggle, a kind gesture can make a huge difference. When we wish that someone’s situation will improve, we are showcasing a high level of care.

In this case, you can ask this when you have provided information to help someone. However, you may be unsure whether the information is all that useful. So, it’s worth finding out if it was what someone was “looking for” or whether they needed more. Note: Should 'Hi', 'thanks,' taglines, and salutations be removed from posts? is the ninth most popular question ever on SE.meta, and the top answer there has by far the most upvotes I've ever seen on SE. The top three answers there all say Yes, delete on sight!, but my vote went to the more "moderate" fourth answer saying only if other reasons justify an edit. By using the word “confidence”, we are reassuring the receiving person that whatever they’ve been given, will indeed help them. This alleviates any potential doubt this person may have. It’s important to remember that statements of confidence should only be used when we have an excellent sense of assurance. We shouldn’t provide information in this way unless we’re certain it will help. When we’ve offered advice or information, we can say that we hope someone is satisfied with the results.

I Trust This Will Provide You With The Help You Require

We may also, at some point, perform a search query to identify all such posts of a given class. (We might even have a standard way to search for a lot of different classes of "things to look for", so the results might be comprehensive.) This would result in both active and inactive posts. You can do this by including a piece of content they might find interesting or referencing something that’s relevant to them. This is sure to create a good rapport between you. Furthermore, the new member will be comfortable approaching you in the future. I’m confident this will help you”, is a great way of portraying a high level of trust in whatever it is we are providing. We are conveying the impression that we know our information, advice, etc, is going to be of good use. Therefore, you can use the phrase this should provide some aid to guide them in the right direction when they’ve asked for help.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment