276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Eau de Toilette for Him - 100 ml 626-307HP

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He is Kouros. A masterful combination of natural civet, castoreum, costus root, Animalis base from Synarôme (later used in Montana’s eponymous first creation and falling out of style by the late 80’s), leather, honey, musk, geranium, artemisia, jasmine, patchouli, and many more that combine in true artistry to create something bigger than the sum of its parts. By the way, Kouros has a lot in common with Joop Homme in its composition. However, Joop Homme has also been often enough and somewhat unjustly put down, although the accumulated sales success over the decades, similar to Kouros, has spoken quite different words. I respect that this is unique and bold. I can detect a hint of carnation, oakmoss, honey, and leather under this eucalyptus and cat pee smell which I assume is the civet. I don’t know civet, is this what it’s normally like?

Kouros Fraicheur sports the same DNA as the infamous king of perfumes for men, but it is much more "subtle" since the scent of civet is slightly perceived; I don't feel any pineapple, but I do detect orange blossom and ginger, ingredients that give the composition a more dynamic and modern vibe and make it more versatile for today's standards. Amber makes the scent a bit creamier. This perfume does feel very 90s, and it is somehow reminiscent of Montana Parfum d'Homme (and even Salvador by Salvador Dalí a little bit) as the citrus notes provide a more sparkling, less "rigid" aura than that of classic Kouros. That this is a woody chypre is totally right. Beautiful, really beautiful and unique. Brilliant. For me, an eternal nostalgic for the past, growing up with my father who used all those men's perfumes from the 1970s and later, Kouros represents (together with other classic or classic-style masterpieces) the perfume par excellence that a male should still have. today. By the end of the day and as hours pass, the drydown lets the urinal note go away and it becomes very adorable. Even cozy. will turn 28 this month, so I'm not that young anymore but I'm still far from can be considered old; Current 2022 Kouros is still Kouros and I learned to enjoy it, but something is different. It seems to be more balanced altogheter, darker, and as if something is gluing all the parts in a much more safer and controlled way.

The brand employed a Nose that was not good enough to do the reformulation, yet had no qualms selling it to the public. Perfume performance - another star should be added to him...he breaks the rules of perfume, he cannot be categorized, his performances are crazy. The only thing I can compare it to is Megamare by Orto de Parisi. Amazing performance. Not only is it long-lasting, but its trace is always there with you. The intensity of the perfume sometimes leads to real nausea if you put more than you should. Ysl Kouros was created by Pierre Bourdon in 1981. He was also one of the few Edmond Roudnitska’s students who inherited his inherited rigorous perfume technique of creating perfumes as works of art. I recently bought some vintage bottles of Kouros, 1 x 10ml 1981 or 82 and 5 X 50ml 1999. I haven't yet received the 1981 but will update once I have, though upon smelling the 1999 and wearing it a number of times, I think a very, very similar effect can be achieved with a good base layer of sak pase and a top layer of the man silver, getting the best of both worlds. There is a slight difference which I think comes from the drydown of the man silver, but the honeyed musks really come through from the sak pase, so you have an almost authentic (though actually stronger projecting) scent at a fraction of the price. From what I have read from others who describe the very early Kouros, I wonder if they actually might be closer than this comparison. We will see.

When I tried Kouros (original) sometime ago at a store it didn´t work and clearly didn´t match my olfactory memories from the mid-90s. Why this "Fraicheur" version is not sold these days in the stores or internet I cannot understand at all. If it is not possible to put it in the fragrance store markets, just market it to be sold in the internet like many other brands do. An incredible fragrance from the 90s which I am so sure lots of guys would want to buy again... and again... and again. First of all my suggestion is to try it on skin rather than on paper strip, it is clearly made to blend with your natural body odor, and actually to be influenced by your skin's chemistry; so yes, this one changes a lot from paper to skin and from skin to skin, particularly in the drydown.So surprised that the animalic notes are still present in my 2013 bottle! They say “the older the better” with Kouros, but I can’t afford a true vintage bottle from the 80’s or 90’s. I’ve read from various sources that the most recent bottles are much more linear and less “dirty,” but I can’t agree or disagree. After several hours this juice settles I can still smell the powdery scent with amber which makes my partners hormones go wild.

Chanel’s Antaeus is the only perfume in a similar vein to Kouros that I believe is better in the current formulation. If you are well accustomed to the original King Kouros, you may feel, for sure, a bit underwhelmed- as it is not the monster fragrance it was. For practical reasons however, it is better placed to hedge the every day (in)formal settings, retaining, in the current translation, a substantial part of the original message.It's a sunny spring day with clear blue skies and nice breezes blowing through the trees and flowers and in my opinion it's the perfect kind of day to wear Kouros. Put on that linen shirt, leave a few buttons unbuttoned and take a walk in nature. Let that breeze throw the sillage all around you. Bring the Mediterranean into your world. Makes you feel confident and happy to be alive.

A range of professional grade extra strong fragrances perfect for all home fragrancing and bath and body products including candles, soaps, wax melts, bath bombs, reed diffusers and more. Nonetheless, I forked out big time on the stuff I do have now but I am glad that I did because as much as its great to be able to recreate a fragrance, there is nothing quite like the 'real thing' and I think this may be a bigger factor in perception than people may realise. Nonetheless, Kouros is the best fragrance I have ever, and ever will smell to be honest. It is unique and bold and I don't care if anyone else does or does not like it. KING.Fraicheur steps in for relief with an echo of the original Kouros, but a much softer and gentler approach. It doesn't have the staying power of original Kouros, but then it's not meant to. I might be hard pressed to wear it on a hot summer day, but on more temperate days of the warm season its just fine.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment