276°
Posted 20 hours ago

In The Blink of An Eye: A BBC Between the Covers Book Club Pick

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This has to be a strong contender for crime debut of the year - sharp, perceptive writing and a brilliant new take on the detective duo' T. M. Logan With well-drawn characters, believable emotions and an interesting premise, you can see this becoming a TV series. 7/10’ Independent

Some of these are smaller than others, so I will start with the less significant and work my way to the heavy hitters. The award for the most original and innovative plot thread this year goes to Jo Callaghan, for her debut novel, In The Blink of An Eye. Kat’s just returning to work when we meet her. We soon learn she’d cared for her dying husband. I initially suspected he was a cop who died by some nefarious means, but it’s nothing like that. Less dramatic, if you like. But of course no less tragic. It’s phenomenal . . . Perfect blend of police procedural and techno thriller and kept me guessing right to the end!’ Steph BroadribbNot necessarily that you have to make them feel sad at one cut, or happy at another, this rule has more to do with what the film feels like. Murch has a chapter on all the new software out on editing film and he is still a bit skeptical it can deliver on all its claims. With the older technology, it required you to sift through alot of material, and sometimes you would come across footage that was just what you needed - footage you may have discarded before. He thinks the new technology will probably,in time, bridge the advantages of new and old. But as of his writing, he still felt the older editing machines were better. Fabulous! A rare crime novel truly as much about character as it is about plot…cried at the ending…huge potential series exploring the human AI connection. Loved' Lindsay Galvin

p. 55 So, instead of fixing the scene itself, you might clarify some exposition that happens five minutes earlier. Don’t necessarily operate on the elbow: instead, discover if nerves are being pinched somewhere else. But the audience will never tell you that directly. They will simply tell you where the pain is, not the source of the pain.

fifth, Muslims won't sentence a punishment on anyone without proof or witness. to blindly punish others is just plain ridiculous. no one with wits will do that. seventh, no Muslim woman would be able to feel comfortable without her veil let alone wearing a fitted dress.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment