276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Internet Book: Everything You Need to Know about Computer Networking and How the Internet Works

£42.495£84.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The book is written mostly in bullet format, to facilitate rapid extraction of information. For best reading experience on a phone, consider viewing in a horizontal orientation. The PulmCrit blog will continue in its current form. The blog is intended for more in-depth pieces with examination of the literature and an emphasis on new developments. In contrast, the IBCC is intended more for bedside management, with an emphasis on clinically applicable information and rapid readability. Many topics are covered in both formats, allowing you to choose either a more detailed or boiled-down version.

TCP/IP stands for Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol. The term is used to describe a set of protocols that govern how data moves through a network. Please feel encouraged to freely reproduce anything that I've created with attribution (that is, everything except graphics/videos which I've attributed to other authors). Images are already tagged with attribution, so you can easily drop them into presentations or blogs (example below). new philosophies about knowledge construction

Help

American computer scientists who developed TCP/IP, the set of protocols that governs how data moves through a network. This helped the ARPANET evolve into the internet we use today. Vint Cerf is credited with the first written use of the word ‘internet’. Oprah’s book club may not be as active as it once was, but you can now rely on the Today Show’s Jenna Bush Hager to recommend a book you won’t be able to put down. In 2019, Jenna brought her love of reading to the Read with Jenna book club, and each month she has chosen books we’ve loved!

This book isn't intended as the last word, but rather as a jumping-off point for further study. As such, each chapter contains links to related blogs, podcasts, and articles for more information and additional opinions. The book isn't encyclopedic. I've tried to cover the more interesting and common ICU problems. If you think something is missing, let me know and I can try to add it.The terms ‘World Wide Web’ and ‘internet’ are often confused. The internet is the networking infrastructure that connects devices together, while the World Wide Web is a way of accessing information through the medium of the internet. We have entered a period of sustained growth that could eventually double the world’s economy every dozen years and bring increasing prosperity for—quite literally—billions of people on the planet. We are riding the early waves of a 25-year run of a greatly expanding economy that will do much to solve seemingly intractable problems like poverty and to ease tensions throughout the world. It later occurred to me that I could write an internet book. This could have the same organization and content of a traditional book. However, it would have many advantages: The IBCC is written by Josh Farkas (@PulmCrit). I'm an attending intensivist at the University of Vermont. Although I was trained in pulmonology and critical care, I've worked solely in the ICU for the past five years. At my shop I have the dubious honor of having the smallest office in the hospital and the largest amount of ICU time. Small talk? No, thanks. Homework? Pass. Silent Book Club is all about enjoying books, company, and beverages — without having to think of something smart to say. Founded in 2012 by a couple of friends who liked to read in companionable silence, Silent Book Club now has over 240 “chapters” (that’s a group) who gather across 30+ countries to read together in silence.

I very rarely change a blog post after it's done, but rather if an update is needed I will write an entirely new post. That model isn't feasible with the IBCC, due to the amount of ground it covers. Therefore, if there is something in the IBCC that is wrong or confusing I will try to fix it immediately. So, if you point out an error, I will thank you for your comment and fix it without delay. This might be a bit confusing at times, because it will create a mis-match between your original comment and the revised text. some nuts & bolts Since 2017, Lez Book Club members have been meeting in London pubs to provide a space for queer women to come together and share LGBT books. But the pivot to virtual book clubs (and virtual everything else) has given founder Eleanore Pratoussy the opportunity to remove all physical boundaries from the group and open up this lit-loving community to queer and trans women, and nonbinary people, all around the world. Kahn and Cerf called this method transmission-control protocol (TCP). TCP allowed computers to speak the same language, and it helped the ARPANET to grow into a global interconnected network of networks, an example of ‘internetworking’—internet for short. President Dwight D. Eisenhower formed the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) in 1958, bringing together some of the best scientific minds in the country. Their aim was to help American military technology stay ahead of its enemies and prevent surprises, such as the launch of the satellite Sputnik 1, happening again. Among ARPA’s projects was a remit to test the feasibility of a large-scale computer network.Rebel Book Club is for bookworms and nonfiction junkies battling the curse of tsundoku — that’s Japanese for the growing pile of unread books next to your bed. They’re a fun, global community of curious minds looking to get maximum value from bad-ass nonfiction reads.

Reese Witherspoon has her name in the credits of some of the most sparkling book-to-screen adaptations to date; including Wild, Big Little Lies, and Little Fires Everywhere. But her love for a great story extends beyond turning it into a hit series.

Develop

Despite this age of isolation, the New York Public Library has been strengthening its community of readers since April 2020, when it teamed up with US radio station WNYC to launch its online book club. Sometimes, the price point of popular new-releases (often the fodder of book clubs) can put off readers who would otherwise love to join. But all the chosen books for this virtual book club can be read for free through NYPL’s e-reader app, which makes it easy to read any eBook in your library’s collection.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment