276°
Posted 20 hours ago

What's Going On Inside My Head?: A Let’s Talk picture book to start conversations with your child about positive mental health

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In another episode, The Caffeinated Brain, I talk to writer and fellow journalist Michael Pollan to explore the role of the most widely used psychoactive drug in the world – caffeine: why we like it so much, what happens to our brain when we are on it, and almost as important, what happens when we try to quit. I have to actually boss my brain sometimes – tell myself that I am in control of what goes on inside my head. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, you should speak to a medical professional as soon as possible. These could be signs of a serious neurological condition and the sooner you are diagnosed, the better. Warp Up

It wasn’t until I ventured outside of my head and spoke to someone about it, actually opened up and sought another opinion, that I realised what I had been doing to myself for so many years. Then as you get older, people tell you that, “Well, you’re not useful anymore. You have been expended and so now you’re expendable, so you can’t make a difference.” Here’s the way the world speaks. It doesn’t make any difference if you’re young or old, you really can’t make any difference. The world trying tell you that you can’t make a difference. Even the location of human emotions could be mapped to specific locations. If there was ever any doubt the brain ruled the body, this was being dispelled almost weekly as we learned how brain function interpreted the senses and drove motor function.One of the reasons I write these blogs is to help others, but it turns out it also helps me by writing things down and getting thoughts out of my head. The most straightforward answer is to reduce everything to the physical matter the world is made of. This approach, known as reductive physicalism, explains every aspect of the mind in terms of neurons, hormones, and neurotransmitters. It is the logic by which doctors prescribe medication to change the chemistry of neuron interaction—and through it affect the behavior. The Big Idea; The four voices in your head are the world, the flesh, the devil and the Holy Spirit. Your job is to figure out which one is speaking and make the adjustment. I look forward to doing deep dives on these voices with you in the weeks ahead. Let’s go ahead and pray. Qualia start with our mind’s ability to perceive sensory information. After receiving the information from sensory organs, our brain interprets and organizes it to make a complete image of reality around us. If I were a young clinician or scientist wondering which area of research to enter there would be no hesitation – the mysteries of our most complex organ and the seat of the soul await.

But because goals can easily “slip” if we get distracted, it helps to go through the exercise of asking yourself how you want to feel at the end of the day. For example, I imagine feeling good and enjoying myself after writing that paper. Then groups and systems of cells can be studied so the means by which they interact can be better understood. Suddenly the very working of the brain can be observed at a cellular systems level and scientists have insight into how whole brain components have a functional output.

Recently, Hurlburt has begun to combine DES with scanning people in an fMRI. He ran a study that involved training five people in DES, and then recording what went on in their brains while they underwent an fMRI scan. Though the number of participants was small, the results, published in 2018, suggest that what people say they are thinking about and what’s going on in their brains does match up. The idea of an internal dialogue – rather than a monologue – will be familiar to anyone who’s ever rehearsed an important conversation, or rehashed an argument, in their mind. But the person we talk to inside our head is not always a stand in for someone else – often, that other voice is another aspect of ourselves. Many years ago I convinced myself at a young age that because my Dad left my Mum that meant that any partner I would ever have would end up leaving me… Seriously…

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment