276°
Posted 20 hours ago

HiFiMAN Arya Full-size Over Ear Planar Magnetic Audiophile Adjustable Headphone

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Yes, I don’t like pleather, especially if one is paying more than a thousand dollars for a headphone. I’ve been using headphones and other peripherals for several years and I know what will happen to pleather after quite some time. Ik heb ook de HE1000SE en de Susvara beluisterd en deze gaan weer een stap verder maar ook onbereikbaarder voor mij. Our mission is to create great-sounding products that stand out and have the potential to change the game. We are not interested in repeating ourselves for the sake of increasing sales.” Dr. Fang Bian, President and CEO, HIFIMAN Electronics Technical Specifications I can forgive the other parts being plastic since Hifiman may be targeting a certain weight and comfort. And yes, it is undeniably one of the most comfortable headphones I have tried. Not only in weight, but the clamping force and feel on the head as well, minus the polyester surface of the ear pads. The good thing is the earpads are replaceable. Although I can’t find a leather replacement for the headband suspension (yet). I hope the company would sell its leather headband suspension as well.

While the huge soundstage shrank slightly in size, especially in width, the precision of the imaging or the sharpness of how objects were rendered increased tenfold. The stealth magnets removed the diffuseness of the stage and the placement of objects, giving the whole structure of the composition more realism, breath and overall clarity. Actually, exactly what was promised in the marketing papers. But if you are not a basshead, or would like to explore or listen to your music from a different perspective, you might want to try the Arya. It’s revealing, and you may hear tones, nuances, and minute details that you haven’t noticed before with other headphones. The HE-1000SE for me still is the better headphone, sounding more natural and refined. The HE-1000SE has the width, depth and 3-dimensionality where the Arya focuses most on width. The top end of the HE-1000SE for me is also more precise and extended. Basically that goes from the lows all the way up to the highs. The Arya Stealth is fuller and softer sounding with bigger bass but the HE-1000SE is more vibrant and all around you. It’s more speaker like where the Arya Stealth, to me, is more headphone like. I prefer the vocal presentation of the HE-1000SE as well. All-in-all the HE-1000 is the better one of both to my ears. That doesn’t mean you will like it more than the Arya Stealth, but it to me is the better one, getting more things right. Unlike the sound waves created by a conventional magnet, the special shape of the new acoustically-invisible Stealth Magnets enables sound waves to pass through the magnets without generating interference. HiFiMan's advanced magnet design is acoustically transparent, dramatically reducing wave diffraction turbulence that degrades the integrity of the sound waves. The reduced distortion yields pure sonic output that is accurate and full-range.NsD stands for NEO “superman” diaphragm and whilst not something new to the Arya Stealth or the original it does seem to be almost the defacto driver diaphragm construction now for HIFIMAN. The Arya Stealth’s tuning is very good. It’s pleasing, yet technically strong as well as musical and exciting. The Arya Stealth always has good body, presence, impact and depth. It’s very easy to understand why this headphone is getting so many recommendations. It’s an absolute award winner and in this price category, the Arya Stealth is hard to beat. Arya Stealth Magnets Version Planar Magnetic Headphones, by HiFiMan. The 2021 version of the classic Arya Over-Ear Headphones. Sweden has beautiful landscapes, and Amaranthe creates the same in their music. A perfect example of this is their orchestral version of Crystalline. The Arya presents with so much clarity that it just flirts with the line of sibilance and yet seems never quite to touch or cross it (this holds true for the treble as well).

It can drive my R70x to extremely loud volumes without reaching max volume and without noticable distortion on high gain. Excluding very dynamic Romantic music (which is quiet by design) it drives every genre to loud levels (it reaches 110dB peak SPL even for bass which is more than enough headroom). If it drives the R70x it can drive these. HIFIMAN’s confidence making Arya’s non-stealth edition now a special request only has its good reasons. Let’s find out: Soundstage width is above average. Sense of space and imaging is excellent, as are resolution, precision, speed, detail, and dynamics. There are almost no areas of sound that the Arya do not excel in. The only exception may be the preference of some basshead listeners, who long for the maximum rumble, physical impact, and resonance of heavy bass. The Arya’s design allows for great agility to help ensure a perfect fit. For those of you who’d like to know more about Hifiman and their founder, there’s always this interview we did with him: https://headfonia.com/q-n-a-saturday-hifiman/ Fast forward today, although the Ether Flow is still considered a high-end planar headphone, there are now “better-sounding” or more competitive headphones in the market. And I think the Hifiman Arya is one of them. The Arya has better details, clarity, and transparency than the Ether Flow. But to my ears, the Ether Flow has more bass presence and sounds fuller, warmer than the Arya Stealth. Price and AvailabilityThe Arya Stealth comes in a very simple box. As we have seen before, the box also is the storage case. The Arya doesn’t come with a carrying case, but then again, it’s not really a portable headphone. The Arya Stealth treble coloration is probably best described as finely balanced with a default clean quality. Slip it some brighter mixes or a bright hard-edged sounding source and chances are you will hear that come through.

Does this spoil the review a bit? Well, to a good degree, yes. Naturally, as the topic of stealth magnets comes up, the changes can almost be guessed 100% right. If you like a softer, slightly slower and more tube presentation, then the AudioValve Solaris is a great amplifier to look at. Again, the combo is not cheap, but impressive it is. My Technics SU-G700 speaker amp isn’t the best “source” for many different headphones, but the synergy with the Arya Stealth this time round is very good, especially of you like a more vocal forward presentation. Hi Claudio! I have an EL-8 open before. I don’t have it anymore, but I like the Arya better based on memory. The Arya is not warm-sounding as the EL-8. As far as I remember, the EL-8 was warm-leaning. Note #1: I'm driving the Arya Stealth Magnets version using either (1) the balanced XLR headphone output from a Burson Audio Conductor 3X Reference, or (2) the balanced XLR headphone output from a Monoprice Liquid Platinum hybrid amp, using the Pre-Out XLR output from the Burson as the input to the Monoprice.

Cons:

The cable is reasonably light and much higher quality than those included with some of the lesser HIFIMAN offerings, which buyers often despise and discard immediately. The splitter, strain relief, and plug housings are strongly fortified and flexible. Most importantly, and thankfully, no microphonic noise — huzzah! Design Let’s start off with the things I think Hifiman should improve with the Arya, or perhaps some of their top-tier headphones in general. I think the Arya has an excellent design overall and it looks aesthetically pleasing and a head-turner. I like how it looks and the color. However, I wish Hifiman also used a leather headband support instead of pleather. Similar to what they use on the HE1000 V2 or Susvara. The perforated headband support would look nice on the Arya in my opinion. While the pads feel comfortable and the foam padding is sufficient, again, I am a bit disappointed with the choice of materials. Even a lifestyle headphone that costs a fraction of the Arya uses real leather or sheepskin cover. Fortunately, the pads are replaceable. There are better aftermarket ear pads that use real leather or better materials, like earpads from Dekoni. But that would entail additional cost.

Everything’s about Stealth Magnets now after the Susvara and the HE-1000SE held it exclusively for a long time and the Deva got it too with its Pro release. Unseen, unheard The metal headband structure is created via CNC milling and hand polishing. To adjust the headband, simply move each ear cup up or down until the top of the headband rests comfortably on your head and the ear cups surround your ears. The Cables Certain high-end elements lose some of their airier properties but retain a great amount of shine. Their timbre seems a bit less delicate this time around, and instead covers the sound signature in a layer of subtle brightness. They never felt fatiguing, but certain frequencies had a lot more piercing elements for a much hotter treble overall. Summary I like this design more than circles, but I haven't tried the he6. They should make a special edition all white version and embrace the EGG !! Its a Arya that is moving toward the Harman Target using Stealth Tech, yet retaining the Hifiman somewhat analytical sound.

Audio Concierge Referral Program

What exactly does a stealth magnet do, and what are its advantages? These magnets allow the signal to pass through the driver while avoiding interference. With less wave diffraction impacting the quality of the output, the signal flow is allowed to be purer than originally before. Soundstage

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment