276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nintendo Samus Figure with Accessory

£99.995£199.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The base is a very good design with the Metroid logo, but 2 of mine came with pretty poor paintwork on the big silver "S" in the middle, there is a white scuffy looking haze all over it, almost looks like paint fade, hard to describe but definitely hurts the aesthetics when you look closely. You get an optional missile-firing arm cannon tip, three extra left hands, a morph ball…and the standard Figma stand. That’s it. Maybe Samus’ base body was just that much more expensive to produce, but it’s still a tough pill to swallow when TP Link gave us an entire armory.

During her travels throughout the galaxy, Samus Aran can find and equip different suits of armour to protect her against the hostile world around her, and to grant herself numerous different abilities. Of these suits, none of these are more recognisable than the iconic Varia Suit. The Varia suit reduces the damage that Samus takes by up to half, is highly resistant to hot environments and completely nullifies the effects of acid, allowing her to walk through it without injury. Some diehard fan over at Nintendo/Max Factory/Good Smile must’ve suggested actual missiles as an accessory, but was fired for being too good for this world and replaced by some chump who then proceeded to throw out the idea that they should instead include a thumbs up hand, which Samus flashes once throughout the entire game – during the final ending game cutscene no less! I doubt people complain about figure weight and feel often (at least, I rarely see it mentioned), but for this Samus it’s accentuated by the fact that the previous Samus Figma felt as though it was much more solid. Each segment – thighs, arms, torso, head – feels heavier and more durable in the Other M version. I look forward to the Varia Suit EX (and the inevitable Dark Suit Samus) which I am assured will somehow surpass even this!The Zero Suit was first seen in Metroid: Zero Mission, ending sequences of Metroid Prime 2 and Metroid Prime Hunters, and is making an appearance in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The first 2 units I received had stress fractures throughout the paint on the left half of the chest plate. I've spoken to a number of other owners who also have had this issue, sometimes there are similar fractures in the paint on the cannon, although only one of my samples had this too. Whatever your outlook on the controversial Wii title, Figma's latest Nintendo-themed offering should be of interest. Zero Suit Samus is fully poseable and comes with interchangeable components and accessories, including a "thumbs up" hand: Original article [Sun 15th Oct, 2023 15:00 BST]: First 4 Figures recently shared a "sneak peek" of its absolutely stunning Metroid Prime 'Samus Varia Suit' PVC statue.

Metroid: Other M is surely one of the most divisive entries in the long-running sci-fi series, with fans loving and loathing its representation of Samus Aran in equal measure. The articulation range between the two is also very similar, nearly identical. This version has a little more engineering in it to allow it to move more, but it ends up being about the same amount as the previous Figma because the Prime armor is more bulky, thus requiring some clever work-arounds to achieve the same level of movement as the much sleeker Other M suit. Even the shoulder joints are the exact same!Hah. No. What’s most interesting is that the instructions for this Figma make no mention of this feature, and it’s really just left up to intuition for those who’ve owned the previous Figma Samus. This arm cannon was designed to be modular with the old beam effects, and that’s all well and good for us who already own the previous Figma (kind of) but it ends up being nothing but a design compromise and missed play value to those who don’t. So, right off, no bullshit – Max Factory/Good Smile absolutely nailed it. Full disclosure: I’m a Samus fanboy, and this piece is going right in the shrine. The proportions, the colors, the way everything moves – right out of the box this Figma exudes motion. It looks dynamic, which is especially ironic given that the Prime versions of the armor are probably known to be some of the least dynamic/acrobatic in the series (this is compared to the ninja stunts and close-quarters roundhouses Samus pulled in her Other M suit). Adam treating her as a child or a liability (despite having a better record than Adam) no wonder she left him before and freelanced, and now he's a jelly little pr***. A flexible plastic is used for important areas, allowing proportions to be kept without compromising posability.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment