276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Naturally Tan: A Memoir

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Healthline has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.

In this heartfelt, funny, and touching memoir, one of the stars of Netflix’s Emmy Award-winning smash-hit Queer Eye reveals how an Englishman raised in a traditionally religious home became a fashion icon—and the first openly gay, South Asian man on television—simply by being Naturally Tan. MasterClass. "MasterClass Announces Queer Eye's Tan France to Teach Style for Everyone". www.prnewswire.com (Press release) . Retrieved 11 September 2020.Spending too long in the sun and not using protection will only get you burned. And once that happens, it’s all downhill from there. Our home wasn’t super religious, but we had a profound cultural connection to our Muslim heritage. Every day, I would get out of school by 3:30, get home at 4:00, and then go to mosque, where I would stay until 7:00. It was like that every day, Monday through Friday, and weekends, too. Even when white school was on vacation, it didn’t matter. Brown school doesn’t take any time off. Regardless of skin type, be sure to exfoliate gently. Overdoing it can turn the skin red and may prompt acne breakouts. People with darker skin tones may find that over-exfoliating can cause dark spots on the skin.

Harding, Laura (16 June 2018). "Queer Eye's Tan France: I will use surrogacy to have children". Irish Independent . Retrieved 9 February 2020. The answer to that is that protection doesn’t stop you tanning, it stops you BURNING. If you protect yourself from burning, you are giving your skin a good chance of producing melanin*.

Thanks so much to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest opinion. a b c Melody (8 December 2014). "An interview with Tan Safdar, Owner and Designer at Kingdom & State". Omika. Archived from the original on 19 March 2016 . Retrieved 8 March 2018. Remember: Tanning, or the production of melanin in your skin cells, continues for a few hours after you have been in the sun/ on a sunbed. So you don’t need to sit in the sun/ on a sunbed until you see a colour develop for you to know that you have gotten a tan. Your cells have already been stimulated to start the tanning process, and by giving your skin a rest after exposure (i.e. sitting indoors or in the shade after tanning in the sun) it will benefit tremendously in getting you the tan you’re after. By evening, you will be browner than you were during your tanning session.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment