276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Dot (Creatrilogy)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Vashti ‘sat glued to her chair’. Was she really glued to it? What kind of literary technique is this? It's a powerful statement. Surely, I needed to hear this at age 18 or 28 as much as I did when I was 8.

Dot Day | Information and Resources - Twinkl International Dot Day | Information and Resources - Twinkl

The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds is an inspiring story. It is about having confidence to believe in yourself and encouraging and nurturing others. Well-received - message suggests disengaging from refusals to move forward on actions in which actor feels they have failed to achieve the goal. In the moment thereafter, just TRY SOMETHING and whatever happens: own it. Act on any subsequent sparks, and be amazed at the freedom those actions allow. . .enjoy the happy surprises. Encourage others, pass on the joy.International Dot Day is celebrated by both adults and children all around the world as a way of boosting confidence and encouraging creativity, through observing this holiday, people can learn the power of creativity and how just one small dot can make a huge impact on the world around them. Always looking for books and activities about having confidence so I can encourage the shy child.I love visiting all your other contributors and look forward to this link up, thanks Kirsty. Are you looking for ways to spark your students’ creativity? Take a look at some of our favourite artistic resources: I'm sure we all know someone (or we are someone) who says they can't draw. In this story, Vashti is one of those people. She thinks she can't draw, so she doesn't even try... until her teacher gets her to start with a dot. Just a dot.

Dot To Dot Book For Kids Ages 8-12: Challenging and Fun Dot Dot To Dot Book For Kids Ages 8-12: Challenging and Fun Dot

What a lovely story and such a wise tale to tell a child; trying hard it the most important thing, not whether we are the best t something. A lesson my daughter struggles to learn, so this book could be a good addition to our bookshelf… As a teacher, I learned a lot. I wish this inspirational book could be presented as a short film for Teacher's Day or Children's Day. international dot day banner dot day International Dot Day the dot story the dot peter reynolds the dot the dot peter reynolds book new years day international red panda day international school library month world science dayRead and Create is a personal blog, featuring children's literature and the play, crafts, outings and food inspired by stories. This sounds like such a lovely story. I’d like to get it for my son. He’s always saying that he can’t draw and it breaks my heart a little. When he does draw something, I do display it in a special place. I think I need to set a good example maybe and do more drawing myself It seems this book has been reviewed by a lot of adults who haven't actually read it to children. There are a lot of "this book is a good reminder for children and adults" or "kids today . . ." This review is for someone who is looking to read this book to their child, not just as a novelty.

The Dot - Teaching Ideas

I suspect that parents will enjoy the sentiment even more than their children, but it is still a fun idea, and is a good prompt for kids to create their own art. Simple enough for a 4 year old, this book has had enough of an impact that grade school teachers have developed ideas to spin off of it. This looks like a lovely book. Loving the pictures and the principles behind the story. Anything which helps a child to build confidence and self-esteem is a good thing in my eyes. The story doesn’t feature the other children in Vashti’s art class, it is about her personal journey, not comparing herself to others but challenging herself to do better. It seems to be human nature to constantly compare ourselves to others, but this often gets in the way of our own personal progression. When you begin to focus on your own individual milestones it can be much easier to get on with moving forward, rather than wasting energy on worrying about what everyone else is doing. With a simple, witty story and free-spirited illustrations, Peter H. Reynolds entices even the stubbornly uncreative among us to make a mark -- and follow where it takes us.Vashti thinks she is no good at art, but an encouraging teacher helps her to enjoy herself. The teacher's approach seemed more focused on self-esteem than actual art skills, but I guess that's more the more important thing for young kids. I love the illustration style here - very reminiscent of Quentin Blake. As always your questions and activities give dimension and room for learning in what is already a super book The teacher’s encouragement of Vashti ripples outwards and has a positive impact on others. Talk about This hand-lettered book, the first in the series "Creatrilogy," is all about encouragement of artistic self-expression. Vashti doesn't believe she has any ability to create. With a small invitation to "just make a mark and see where it takes you" by her teacher, she begins a journey that leads to art that is all her own. The Dot speaks to the choice teachers have to either crush or inspire their students in creative pursuits. I hope that when I become a teacher (and that day is getting closer and closer!) I always choose to say the right words at the right time, and not let my bad days and sure-to-be-overworked nerves hinder me from encouraging my students to reach their potential, achieve their personal best, and be happy.

Dot. by Randi Zuckerberg | Goodreads Dot. by Randi Zuckerberg | Goodreads

The hand lettering is close enough to a child’s writing that it fit the story. It was spread out enough to be readable and childlike enough to look like the child’s diary or journal. The balance between text and picture telling the story led my eye through both to understand. Again, the illustrations in this book are simple but fantastic, and they perfectly complement the text.I haven’t come across this book, but it looks fantastic. I was always taught to never ask a child what tere drawing was, but to say “tell me more about your drawing” Smallness of dot book - Drill sheets are unwieldy to handle because of their size. The dot book overcomes this limitation through loss of data: by only focusing on your dot, and the dots that are around it, you can eliminate most of the other dots. In many ways, a dot book is simply a magnification of a small area of a drill sheet. I think at some point many people who love books and children daydream about writing a picture book . . . "It would be so easy. All I need is a cute idea and a good illustrator." I have read well over 1,000 picture books in the last two years, and I read dozens more every week to my son. As we shared books by Mo Willems, Karen Beaumont, Audrey Wood and Don Wood , Holly Hobbie and other amazing creators, I have realized there is much more to writing a children's book than a cute idea. Magic is involved. Magic and cleverness and an understanding of the way children think. It is a rare quality. When I finished reading Dot. to my son I wondered how in the world this book got published (for reasons I will explain in a moment). Then I saw who the author was and understood. Connections. Money talks and names sell books. Use the words ‘Just make a mark and see where it takes you,’ as inspiration for your own artwork. What type of mark will you make? Where will it take you? What materials will you use? This is a nice story about trying something new. Just because you think you can't do something doesn't mean you're right. Vashti found that out in a fun and colourful way, and managed to pass on the message to someone else who needed to hear it. Hopefully, readers of the book can do the same.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment