276°
Posted 20 hours ago

We'll Meet Again: The romantic new novel from Sunday Times bestselling author Anton Du Beke (The Buckingham Hotel)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In 2009 he presented the United Kingdom version of Hole in the Wall for the BBC, replacing Dale Winton, after being a team captain in 2008. This book seemed more intense compared to the others, due to the bombs falling, air raid sirens constantly unsettling the hotel and characters putting themselves on the line. It was daunting to see the first two pages were a list of the characters in the book, and it did take a good chunk of the first stave (book was split into 8 sections or staves) to get my head around them all. What’s more, I’d like to invite you to be part of the show too – audience participation will be a big feature in the evening with yours truly answering all your burning questions live on stage! Although not his first novel based on The Buckingham, it didn’t detract and I wouldn’t have known if someone hadn’t told me.

This is a novel where love and pride stand shoulder to shoulder with honour and dignity and in which every effort is made to ensure justice prevails.Surprised not only by the rich storytelling but by the way Du Beke’s charming writing is filled with glorious characters who you can’t help but feel emotion for.

Speaking about one particular recurring character in the series, Georges de la Motte, Anton revealed the real-life inspiration behind him. In 2018, Anton realised his boyhood ambition and published the first in a series of bestselling novels set in the 1930s world of the exclusive Mayfair hotel, The Buckingham.So many of the characters came to life with Anton’s writing and the scenery, whether it was the hotel, the ballroom, Dunkirk all became very real. They finished joint runners-up alongside Karim Zeroual and Amy Dowden, but lost out to Kelvin Fletcher and Oti Mabuse. One Enchanted Evening’… ‘Moonlight Over Mayfair’… ‘A Christmas To Remember’ – all are available in hardback and paperback from your favourite book seller – and in kindle and audiobook formats, too. Strictly star Anton Du Beke ready and waiting for Southport Flower Show – win a champagne tea with him! For those of you who joined me during lockdown on my YouTube and Zoom sessions, you’ll know how much fun the audience participation can be – and how much I loved it!

My publishers inform me that they’ll do their best to organise a book signing tour again, but of course, with restrictions in place and Strictly in the coming months, this could prove to be a challenge!However, the process for writing this book was clearly different and the stylistic differences made it a thoroughly enjoyable read. Having said that, I recommend you do at some point – they’re tremendous books, even if I do say so myself!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment