276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Luxe

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Claire Broud is Lina's older sister. Claire is a proper maid who relishes the gossip of the upper class and is truly fond of Diana, her mistress. Despite her love of gossip, she is very loyal to the Hollands. Claire is described as having red hair and a pale face. If you didn't think the nineteenth century was full of drama then think again. Life in New York in 1899 was very eventful. At least it was for the very wealthy. Elizabeth Holland has been a perfect daughter her entire nineteen years of life. She has been groomed for years to be perfect - to talk when she was supposed to, to receive visitors on Sundays, and always appear happy no matter when she was feeling on the inside. People in New York expect her to marry well and continue the traditions of high society. The Luxe Bali has a state-of-the-art home theatre room with a high end three-metre projector screen, KEF surround sound speakers and seating by cosy leather recliners to enjoy a comfortable and exciting cinema-like experience. Gym

The villa manager will also be on hand each day to assist with serving during meal times and attend to guest requirements throughout your stay. Chef The news of her impending engagement is a surprise to Elizabeth. She has always held out the hope that she would marry for love and in fact, has been in love for quite some time. Elizabeth has been having a secret relationship with Will Keller for many years. The relationship must be kept a secret because Will is an employee of the Holland family. He works in the stables and drives the carriages for them and carrying on a relationship with someone of lower status would be something that would ruin Elizabeth's reputation and the Holland family name. Word of her engagement puts a strain, understandably, on Elizabeth's relationship with Will. Elizabeth was so perfect, prim and proper that it was irritating. She felt fake and selfish to me, and behind the perfect manners, she didn't care about anyone other than herself. I don't watch Gossip Girls, so I can't speak to any similarities there - what I was reminded of, though, was Edith Wharton's The Buccaneers. Admittedly, I have read very few books set in 19th century Manhattan, so Wharton's book was the only one I could think of, mostly because it's about four girls from "new money" making their way in the world amongst the British upper class. I highly recommend it, or the TV mini-series based on it.customer can choose the suitable size according to the size guide and the design of the female size chart. The types are targeted at waist and chest circumference, hip joints, and also targeted at different regions, such as Europe and Australia and other countries in different regions to choose the appropriate size. To enrich the optional diversity. there is always one that will satisfy you and make your life more elegant in The Luxe Company. Life for Elizabeth isn't easy though, even though all she has to do is sit around and look beautiful. It turns out, since the death of her father, her family is having financial problems and aren't able to keep up the type of lifestyle they are used to living. One thousand dollar gowns, priceless works of art, and trips abroad are a thing of the past unless something can be done to secure the family's place in society before everyone learns of their trouble. Mrs. Holland thinks Elizabeth can save the family by marrying Henry Schoonmaker – New York's most eligible and most sought after bachelor.

The Luxe is a beautiful condominium development that has many charms to it. There are various facilities that residents can enjoy while living in The Luxe. Residents of The Luxe would not have to travel far to get their basic necessities as everything is close within their reach. Residents can enjoy the shops, eateries and malls in the vicinity during their free time. Residents can enjoy taking evening walks around the condominium development or take a dip in the pool on a hot day. Residents can enjoy taking walks around the area during the evenings while enjoying the sun set during their free time.The writing. Don't get me started on the writing. It was okay but it wasn't okay at the same time. Do you get what I'm saying? Okay, I'll admit that despite being rather anti-girly, I've always had a thing for dresses and period costumes, and the big poofy thing on the cover certainly fascinated me. But it also repelled me: it's just so HUGE and PINK and PUFFY!

Elizabeth Holland must choose between the family duty of an arranged marriage and true love. Elizabeth, 18 years old, is described as angelic, with ash blond hair and brown eyes. She does everything she is told, and obeys her mother. She secretly spends long passionate nights with her stable boy, Will, but she has to marry Henry Schoonmaker to save her family from becoming poor. The period is also supported by little clippings from newspapers, journals and those books on the proper deportment of a lady at the beginnings of the chapters, which help remind you of the world outside and surrounding these preoccupied young women, and how everyone is watching them. There is some thought given to class consciousness, the social expectations, pretensions and manoeuvring of the rich, but I was pleased to see it didn't suffer from too much "presentism". It was also good to have one of the protagonists be a lady's maid who ends up on the street - you get to see the less glamorous, more hard-working "trade" side of the city. The person she was trained to be would have nodded and been thankful, but she had just been forced out of her old life. The person she would be in her next life was finding her way one second at a time."William Keller is Elizabeth's secret lover who works for the Holland family as their coachman and valet. He loves her and wants her to come away with him to California. Elizabeth isn't sure about leaving her life and running away. He is also very handsome with dark hair, blue eyes, and a crooked nose. Henry Schoonmaker is the most well-known bachelor on New York's social scene. He is exceedingly handsome and charming, with dark hair that is always neatly pomaded to the right, golden skin, an elegant aristocratic jawline, and dark, worldly eyes. His father, who wants to run for mayor, decides that Henry needs to marry, arranging for him to wed Elizabeth Holland. While at the Hollands' house he becomes infatuated with Diana Holland. Known for his trouble maker's lilt, free spirited, and often spotted with a drink in hand, he has had relationships with many women in New York, including Penelope Hayes.

Her instinct was to do some violence to the white-and-gold upholstery that decorated the room, but she had not so lost her head as to want to ruin good brocade. Not yet."The main protagonists, Elizabeth and Diana Holland, are the major socialites of Manhattan. Everyone envies them. But what the public doesn't know is that they're broke. The only solution for this problem is that Elizabeth should marry the handsome bachelor, Henry Schoonmaker (HA! What a stupid last name!). Problem is, Penelope Hayes--Elizabeth's on and off best friend--wants Henry and she and him were supposed to be a couple. Also, Elizabeth is in love with Will Keller, her coachman. Unfortunately, Lina Broud, one of the house's servants, is in love with him as well and she's determined to win him.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment