276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Thing [Blu-ray] [4K UHD]

£12.205£24.41Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The first thing to notice is the richer, darker colour scheme of the image – slightly darker than the Arrow version, the vibrancy in these colours from the WCG employed, especially the dashes of colour dotted throughout the film, help give the image more depth and texture. Fine detail is considerably sharper and more noticeable, without ever feeling artificially so – the first clear examples include the establishing shot of the camp at 6:22 as the Norwegian helicopter flies over it when every mast is clearly delineated against the sky on the 4K disc, less so on the Arrow version; similarly at 8:26, the Norwegian with the gun screaming after the dog has razor sharp clothing lines on the 4K, a much softer version of which is on the Arrow disc; as MacReady arrives at the Norwegian camp by helicopter at 16:39, the crisp lines of the burnt clothing at the bottom of the screen on the 4K disc are nowhere to be found on the Arrow disc; and the list goes on…

Carpenter was determined to use authentic locations instead of studio sets, and his successes on Halloween and The Fog (1980) gave him the credibility to take on the much bigger-budget production of The Thing. A film scout located an area just outside Stewart, along the Canadian coast, which offered the project both ease of access and scenic value during the day. On December 2, 1981, roughly 100 American and Canadian crew members moved to the area to begin filming. During the journey there, the crew bus slid in the snow toward the unprotected edge of the road, nearly sending it down a 500-foot (150 m) embankment. Some of the crew stayed in the small mining town during filming, while others lived on residential barges on the Portland Canal. They would make the 27-mile (43 km) drive up a small, winding road to the filming location in Alaska where the exterior outpost sets were built. pronouncement, but even so there's a fine sense of general placement and detail to be enjoyed. Monster screeching, flamethrower bursts, and otherwith natural excellence and pinpoint accuracy. Fine skin details are evident in close-up, appearing much more refined and pure than seen on the old

however, that limitations appears to be inherent to the original sound design. The sound design in total is vital in building the film's tone. Cold, blustery The acting in The Thing has to be good and is as the film centres around the tension the men stranded in the Antarctica begin to feel. With every one suspecting each other as being the alien imposter there’s plenty of paranoia and this is where the film really shines with everyone at each others throat. chopper, the picture appears in fine form, offering a stable, filmic quality that holds to a fine grain structure that captures the inherent cinematicimprovements over the existing 2008 Blu-ray from the very beginning for both clarity and color reproduction. (note that I cannot comment on how I've asked [Carpenter], as he was preparing some electronic music with an assistant to edit on the film, "Why did you call me, if you want to do it on your own?" He surprised me, he said – "I got married to your music. This is why I've called you." ... Then when he showed me the film, later when I wrote the music, we didn't exchange ideas. He ran away, nearly ashamed of showing it to me. I wrote the music on my own without his advice. Naturally, as I had become quite clever since 1982, I've written several scores relating to my life. And I had written one, which was electronic music. And [Carpenter] took the electronic score. Blu-ray. Overall clarity is superb. Even examining snow and the rather bleak and utilitarian furnishings and construction details around the camp Keith David plays the role of Childs another strong character and rival / ally of MacReady, the two work well together.

deadly creature in their midst, one that can absorb and imitate any life form it so chooses, leavingFor more about The Thing 4K and the The Thing 4K Blu-ray release, see the The Thing 4K Blu-ray Review published by Martin Liebman on September 15, 2021 where this Blu-ray release scored 4.0 out of 5. A Caucasian male lies on a table seemingly unconscious. His torso is opened from chest to stomach in the formation of a mouth with sharp teeth along the edges. A doctor attempting to revive him has both his hands inside the exposed, empty cavity. Dean Cundey provides the cinematography on The Thing and he also deserves credit for helping to make the film so stylish and terrifying.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment