276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Charades CH03702_M Marvel X-Men Cyclops Costume Adult Sized, Multi-Colored, Medium

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

According to the tales, the Ojáncana had long drooping breasts that touched the ground. When they ran, they slung their breasts over their shoulders. Eric: I really like Scott’s classic look. It’s very simple and streamlined, so your attention isn’t too distracted from the most crucial element, his visor. Yellow pops well against dark blue, and I actually like the pirate boots. They’re silly, but hey, so is the character (and I mean that lovingly). Score: 8/10 However, the cyclopes also credited with forging and building some of the most important objects in Greek mythology. Aside from Zeus’ thunder and lightning bolts, they forged Poseidon‘s trident and Artemis’ bow and arrow. In addition, they created the cap of invisibility, also called the helmet of Hades. 12 The hero Perseus wearing the cap of invisibility forged by the cyclopes, as he holds the head of Medusa. Image source: Unknown. Jason: I know I badmouthed the close-domed suit of Cyke’s youth, but this is my second-favorite look in Cyclops’ more than 55-year publication history. There were a few variations of this one, including a version with a weird, spiky shoulder accessory, but the simple dark-blue, speed-skating outfit with gold piping is tops. I genuinely enjoy when my man goes casual and wears his hood down, but when he’s suited up, this is an outfit that definitely commands more respect than the pirate boots ever did. This is serious Cyclops–and serious Scott, is best Scott. Score: 9/10

Jason: Who knew the Pantene Pro-V conditioner factory made it through the nightmarish hellscape that was the Age of Apocalypse? I like that “evil” Cyke managed to keep his blue-and-yellow color scheme regardless of what reality he’s in, and I dig his scaled down headgear (what with his missing eye and all), but he’s got the same haircut that half of the Emo girls I knew in college ditched when they discovered bangs. I’ve also never understood the concept of armor on one arm. Hoping all your foes strike from the left, eh, Scott? Still, this isn’t a bad look for the defining X-Men arc of the ’90s, I just think dude wouldn’t find his true aesthetic for another decade or so. Score 7/10Gaia and Uranus’ three cyclopes children were called Arges and Brontes, who were thunder storm gods, and Steropes, who was a lightning storm god. Chris: Hey kids, do you like flesh tubes? Not only is a Cyclops-Apocalypse hybrid something no one ever wanted to see, but this design is just downright ugly to look at. Really? No nose? Did people learn nothing from noseless Wolverine? In future appearances, Scottpocalypse was just all blue. Like blue body paint from head to toe. Such a lazy design for such an essential moment in Cyclops’ publishing history. Score: 1/10 In losing one of his eyes, Odin consolidated his power. In other words, he lost some of his sight but gained even greater insights. 21 In this way, Odin shares symbolism with the cyclopes. Both make gains as a result of their limitations. For the Greek cyclopes, they created magical objects, including Zeus’ weapons, Artemis’ bow and arrow, and the invisible helmet – all which shaped universal events. Cyclops Symbolism and Meanings

Not all cyclops-like creatures are malevolent toward human beings. The Japanese tell stories of enigmatic one-eyed creatures they call Hitotsume-kozō, which translates to “one-eyed boys.” Hitotsume-kozō are more mischievous than evil. Jason: Yeah, not a fan of Aclopsalypse. I thought “The Twelve” storyline didn’t live up to its premise and have never really been a fan of Alan Davis’ pencils, but this has “rush job” written all over it. What are those iron handles popping out of his shoulders? What’s up with that random tube in his leg? Why does he only have one eye when the two people he’s composed of have both of their eyes. Mysteries for the ages, my friends. Score: 1/10For some, the cyclops also represents the power of the third eye, or our psychic abilities. In many cultures around the world, particularly those in the East, there is a concept that we process extra-sensory information through the crown and front of our heads. David: This costume makes some sense given the armor he’s wearing, although that hair has to get in the way when fighting. This look appears to be an evolution of Jim Lee’s design but darker and brooding. I say it’s about as good. Score: 6/10 O5-2) Young Cyclops's next costume was a primarily blue suit with a yellow 'X' in a circle on his chest. Lines extended out from the circle in the shape of a larger 'X' design, leading to yellow stripes down his outer arms and legs, leading to yellow boots and gloves. Some versions of this costume moved the yellow 'X' from the center of his chest to the left shoulder. [All-New X-Men (2nd series) #4]

Jason: Let it be heard far and wide, I have always hated X-Men flight- and wetsuits. This thing is just so boring and flat. AND HE KEPT THE DAMN PIRATE BOOTIES AND GLOVES! What the hell, Slim? Hire an image consultant. Wait a minute, X-Factor? An image consultant put you IN this mess? Woof. Score: 4/10Fearing for his crew, Odysseus devised a plan. He knew he couldn’t just kill Polyphemus because he would need the cyclops’ help to remove the large boulder so that he and his men could escape. Poseidon, the ancient Greek god of the sea, storms, earthquakes, and horses, was one of the most powerful of the twelve Olympians. Known as the “earth shaker,” Poseidon was the protector of seafarers. Jason: Though I like this better than his first “generic X-Man” uniform, there are definitely some issues to be taken here. I don’t mind the thunder trunks, but the pirate boots and gloves are a no-no. Similarly, I don’t like the full head condom. Dude has shoulder length hair in most depictions, that has to be hot and uncomfortable in a fire fight. Still, this is probably the most iconic of Cyke’s looks. It’s clean, simple and not flashy–just like Cyclops. Score: 7/10

Picture this. Giant Sentinels roaming the broken down streets. They blast anyone down who doesn't fit their idea of what humanity should be. If you're a little bit different than normal people, they might just blast you to ashes because they think you're a mutant. If you wear any kind of spandex superhero suit, you're definitely going to get blasted. It's a future we're not too thrilled about...and a future that Charles Xavier and the X-Men have been fighting to stop for decades! If only there was some way you could help out... David: The skin tubing screams ’90s weird and the gash in his face makes you want to roll your eyes. You don’t often see costumes that at once look overdone and simple. What a weird time in comics. Score: 2/10

Polyphemus awoke, screaming in agony. He screamed so loud that the other cyclopes on the island heard him. But when they called out to him, asking what is wrong, Polyphemus replied, “Nobody has harmed me.” Concluding that nothing was wrong, the other cyclopes did not come to his aid. 10

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment