276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop Citadel Shade: Drakenhof Nightshade

£20.995£41.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Emelda is my second favorite hero in the box, and probably the most “heroic” looking of the bunch. I went for a classically heroic color scheme based on the old Grey Knights schemes I remember reading about in White Dwarfs of years past.

Emma: Tyran Blue is a lovely bright blue shade that looks great over light blues, and also creates some esoteric colour combinations when applied over silver and gold. Iron Hands Steel with a coat of Tyran Blue and a Stormhost Silver highlight gives you lovely magical steel, for instance.

Prime with Leadbelcher. Games Workshop sells this in rattlecans, but if you don’t want to buy one, you can simply prime with a color of your choice and paint Leadbelcher on with a brush. Legio Venator would prove themselves time and again in Heresy and when the time came were given the honour to deliver the sentence to their traitorous brethren. Painting Legio Venator Since I’m planning on linking all of my hereos using Contrast Talassar Blue as a spot colour somewhere on the model and Cleona Zeitengale seems to me as one of the more good Good Guy, I decided to make the bulk of her cloth blue. After that I busted out some Base Retributor Armour on her staff, robe trim and shoulders.

Each model is split up into 4 stages, each with a list of colours and the corresponding paint that was used for it. Each stage uses a different technique to achieve a similar effect on each element but with different colours. Extergimus: Three Reaver swaps here drops the average cost of the maniple down to a little over 900 points, meaning you can take all of your mandatory elements and still have room to shove in a bonus Warlord or Warbringer at 1500 points. On top of that, the Extergimus trait is legitimately interesting on Reavers, as they’ve got just enough reactor space to be able to use the maniple trait when it counts as well as plenty of weapons that can make effective use of it to push their weapons’ strength through the roof. Paint with Grey Knights Steel. It just feels right using the namesake Grey Knight paint for this. I used the standard Grey Knight Steel base loaded into an airbrushI applied this with an airbrush (not the airbrush version of the paint), with a little bit of airbrush medium. However, if you don’t have access to an airbrush, you can brush it on with thin layers. I masked off some of the areas I wanted to remain lead-colored.

Old School Grey Knights – Lungboy’s Method

This step is a more traditional zenithal. I’ll spray from directly above and roll down the sides only enough to get almost full coverage on the most exposed areas like the shoulder pads and head. Step 4: Sponging Leadbelcher Credit: Ghazk

All of the new Shade paints are excellent, and the reformulation of the existing range makes adding natural-looking depth and shadow easier than ever before. Take into account the 25 new Contrast paints and the new White Scar spray, and we’re sure you’ll agree there’s never been a better time to be a painter. Tyler: I’ve always liked the models that came out during the Disciples of Tzeentch release, especially the Tzaangors and Kairic Acolytes . The Tzaangor Enlightened in particular have been a favourite of mine. Though I know the version on a disc is probably the best value for points, the idea of these hulking beasts plodding around on foot has always appealed to me. Last week, we looked at some of Warhammer TV presenter extraordinaire Emma Robinson’s favourite colours from the new Contrast paints range. Now, we’re sitting down with Emma once more to get her top tips on using the new (and freshly-reformulated) Shade paints . As a versatile wash, Drakenhof Nightshade can be used to paint a variety of armies in the Warhammer 40K universe. Here are three armies that could benefit from the use of Drakenhof Nightshade in their painting process:

Discussion

Perhaps the images are just too small to see, but to me it looks like all the shading comes from weathering rather than a blue-grey wash you'd get with Drakenhof+Nuln. FW appear to use the "weathering for depth" technique quite often (starting with a clean colour and then just add weathering instead of shades and highlights, or only minimal shades and highlights). With all that in mind, let’s take a look at a 1750 point list which takes advantage of the unique rules Legio Venator offers. This one’s a bit different than usual, but can be downright nasty in the right hands. Legio Venator Battlegroup – 1750 pts Extergimus Heavy Maniple

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment