276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Great Core's Paradox 2: A LitRPG Adventure

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And that is where I lost interest in the story because the start of the story was about discovery, survival and Battle. Where areas the later part of the story is more about relationship building, city building, and interpreting languages through facial features. The focus of the story changed too dramatically and not gradually.

Book 2 in the story of a little snake zealot and his journey to greatness. A crunchy time-loop LitRPG series perfect for fans of Kenneth Arant, RinoZ, and Jonathan Smidt. Grab your copy today! TLDR: It’s good, but I worry the author’s strong writing might not end up being enough to salvage the odd juxtaposition of the story's base premise. Thought-hiss after thought-hiss sent spore-puppets across and beside the water. The former bad-things’ legs stepped across the surface without sinking, making the current slightly easier to fight. Less prone to digging in and sweeping them away. Even still, a few of the more damaged puppets were lost, crippled limbs forcing them to slip into the rushing water. I let them go, leaving them with the command to infest any bad-things they saw - though between their difficulty with the light and the loss of my direct supervision, I wasn’t clear on their chances. Streamlined Scales] , I realized after a short amount of testing, caused my slithers to be more effective underwater. A useful Trait, but not a powerful one. Still, the Blueswifts were small enough that they might be worth trying to consume in a life without [Size] . Satisfied with that, I moved onto the final pile of bad-things large enough to provide me a Trait - and the only ones that had no trouble breathing outside of the water.

I hissed in displeasure with myself. I had been so eager to drink in the mana-water that I hadn’t even seen the threat that waited above. The cavern’s edges were split in places; numerous small-tunnels dotted the walls. The sight was comforting, though I knew that each was an area from which a bad-thing could emerge. Still, each was a place that the mother Aridae could not follow. the plot is good, certainly one of the better things about this book, I really liked it. it follows without much guidance from the author, it has alot of depth to it, and it's honestly just entertaining.

The Narration is so good!, Peter berkot performed this book so well, Peter is a superb narrator with alot of voices at his disposal. he has something that other narrators don't have. Do you wanna know what that is? it's the way he can put emotion into his voice. it's like nothing I've ever heard before, he can put such raw emotion into his voices, it gives the characters a depth that alot of narrators just can't do. I certainly give Peter a 5 star.Aridae of assorted shapes and sizes scrambled across the strong bundles of thread, winding across them as easily as I might wind across the Great Core’s sacred spots. It was their home, their place of power. Then, with a snip, one of my puppets let it free. It was dead before it could even flee, crushed tight between my coils and dropped between my jaws. I flinched as a barbed tendril caught vulnerable mouth-flesh on the way down, the touch setting off a burning, painful spark that zapped across my mouth-flesh.

Simply amazing. I waited until I caught up with the last chapter. Usually, I review at chapter 10, but this story gripped me and wouldn't let me go. Ok, here is the review: I really enjoy this story, it has some similarities with "Snake Report" but not in a bad way and is unique in its own way. A thought-hiss kept my spore-puppets from staring; I didn’t know how long their eyes could suffer through the radiance. Already, I had been forced to remove the effects of [Ambusher’s Vision] on myself, flexing the tiny muscles around my eyes that controlled it. The light was bright, vibrant, and unforgiving.

Until, one day, the Coreless found us. Until they tried to steal away my creator. Until, with no other option, I swallowedthe Great Core that had made me. In other news, there are a lot of parts of the story that either repeat something that just happened or that are so strongly reminiscent of something that happened long ago that the story itself is slower and repetitive because of it. Some parts of the story are a real slog to get through, especially some of the battles (which I found myself skimming over). I just binged through all 142 chapters and while the updates are frequent, I'm not sure if anything is happening fast enough for it to matter. I waited by the shore, salivating at the thought of what was to come. It took a great many hours, but proved more than worth the wait. The leviathans of the lake weren’t the only dangerous bad-things in the area, only the strongest of the bunch. There were stretch-tongue bad-things, with bulbous eyes and slimy flesh, that sat on the banks of the lake and hopped about. There were the small-winged bad-things that they preyed on, flitting down to drink from the waters. There were the bad-things that rushed through the river, fins and tendrils propelling them through the mana-water and towards the lake at its end. Though I had hoped to train my venom resistance further, there were limits to what I could do by myself. I had been forced to inject myself with my own venom. The pain had been terrible; agonizing, even. Yet for the Great Core, I had done it.

It was the last of those that I targeted. With thought-hiss after thought-hiss, I set my spore-puppets in motion. With the efforts of countless Darkweavers combined, it wasn’t long before an array of threads stretched from one side of the river to another. Small gaps in the threads’ weave allowed the mana-water to rush through, allowing the combined weight of many spore-puppets to hold the threads down from each side of the rushing river.This story has a great beginning with a lot of what I was looking for. Adventure, battle, survival, growth of character and skills in the system. The story is so far very interesting but since it has been progressing slowly up to now there is again not much to say about it but it has a lot of potential at least since what we have been told and shown is all good and makes you want to know more about what is going on and what will happen. It wasn’t the worst thing that could happen, but I wanted to kill them myself. I had already lost experience bringing the Darkweavers into the light of the Great Core. I needed everything that I could get.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment