276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers (Pair) Walnut

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I played a bunch of songs I am familiar with and listened both directly on-axis as well as in my seating position.

Spinning 45rpm remastered vinyl and an old, old song (1969), Lodi, from Creedence Clear In this respect, the beautiful design of the Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers, 3-way with a wide baffle and a large woofer, which covers a frequency range from 40 Hz to 630 Hz, appears absolutely en vogue. A fact that may contribute well to their worldwide success. The other determining factors are sound quality and a comparatively low price in combination with the heavy speaker stands, which also serve as a show board for our old or newly acquired record collection. Porcelain Bus - Rusty Rails - Talking to God LP/CD/CD-Rip - Citadel CGAS 804 1988 - CGAS804DC - no streaming available Wharfedale’s first Linton loudspeaker was launched in 1965 and was, says the manufacturer, “bought in its millions right across the globe.” Successive and successful models followed, culminating in the Linton 3XP, which was a three-way loudspeaker and one that marked the last Wharfedale offering to bear the Linton name. Or rather it was the last, until we come to the present day where Wharfedale has now created a Linton 85 th Anniversary Limited Edition stand-mount model (which I will call the Linton 85 in this review). According to Peter Comeau, Wharfedale’s Director of Acoustic design, the hallmarks of the original Linton design were “fine craftsmanship, natural sound quality, and affordability inside a beautifully proportioned loudspeaker,” and—not surprisingly—these same characteristics also define the Linton 85. AS: What would you describe the greatest strength of the speaker, now that they are completely broken in. (What I want to underline is my desire for the timeless & beautiful design of the 6000CDT. I have no idea why, but it flashed some 60s James Bond scenes in my mind, although I would contextualize it rather with Bauhaus design inspiration. Looking at Linton, it becomes immediately clear that there's no expiration date on vintage style. The same can be said about superior sound, which you'll also find Linton offers with abundance. 100% Music Direct Guaranteed.

our measurements show the grille is acoustically transparent and makes little difference to the sound balance, unlike the Denton 85th Anniversary Edition; Wharfedale seem to be in two minds about all this. In mono-listening, the difference in sound was noticeable. The Linton had a slight edge to me due to its warmer sound. The spinner works with Redbook CDs and has read some of my 2001 compiled CD-RW without hesitations. The downside has been the exposition of a sound quality standard to be ashamed about, I need to admit. These drive units are combined by a highly researched crossover that is near inaudible to the listener, resulting in a coherent, seamless musical output that is both thrilling and natural in its rendition of any source material. AS: Peter, you've got a life spanning career cruising through nearly every aspect of the Hi-Fi industry. Could you indicate for our readers which were the marquee experiences during your career?In the interaction of all functions as Integrated Amplifier, the 6000A gains advantage, the sound is harmonious, tight in the lower midrange and very focused in the high frequency range. Of course, it doesn't achieve the performance of a PS Audio S300, which is twice as expensive and clearly plays in a different league, especially for the bass definition and the immersive sound experience, but the 6000A masters all the varieties assigned to it with an excellent precision and ease, which is rarely to be found in its price range. In room with some basic eq on each channel (via RME ADI-2 pro). Can always use it's bass control to lift it a bit. It's enormously important to understand that there is absolutely no possibility of having any pleasure in life at all without skill. Money doesn't buy pleasure ever."-Alan Watts

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment