276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Dalmore 18 Year Old Single Malt Whisky, 70 cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Alness, Scotland, and Jerez de la Frontera, Spain, have a famous name in the whisky world linking the two cities: The Dalmore. This hasn’t been a very oak-forward range of whiskies, at least to my perception, but at this point all that time in the wood is finally starting to make itself more dominant. We reserve the right to immediately and without prior notice deactivate, suspend and/or terminate your account if you do not abide by the Terms, if you act unlawful, if you do not act or use the Service in good faith, or if you cause any harm whatsoever to the Service, to other Members, to other persons or to us. The Dalmore’s age-stated expressions hew to a certain archetype of classic, sherried Highland malt, while the NAS selections are a bit more on the free-wheeling side, differentiating themselves in their styles of finish, unique flavor profiles and variation in proof point.

18 | The Dalmore | The Dalmore The 18 | The Dalmore | The Dalmore

Rather, the Dalmore house style is to begin the aging process in American white oak bourbon casks, before then transferring to exclusive sherry casks from Spain’s Gonzalez Byass, until such time as master distiller Richard Paterson deems them ready. I don’t know if it was aeration/time in the glass that unlocked this change, or if I simply approached this one incorrectly on the first pass, but with every sip I find myself falling more in love with this mocha profile. You shall not contribute any discriminatory, racially offensive, abusive, offensive, threatening, intimidating, inaccurate, incomplete, obscene, profane, harassing, or illegal material and/or Contributions, or any other Contributions that infringes, or may infringe, or violates or may violate, any third party’s rights, including intellectual and industrial property rights, rights of privacy and publicity.If you're using a VPN or proxy IP service, please turn it off and re-load this page to access our site. Mội nhà chưng cất sẽ có vị đặc trưng riêng, như Glemorangie hơn vì nó nhẹ nhàng, hương vị tinh tế và hậu vị mượt mà. Dalmore distillery Highland Single Malt, nhà chưng cất này phần lớn sử dụng thùng Ex-Sherry là loại thùng ủ chín được sử dụng phổ biến nhất.

Dalmore 18 Year Old (2022 Edition) Whisky | Master of Malt

There’s no doubt that the best way to get a feel for a classic malt distillery’s house style is to taste a range of their core, flagship offerings.

The placing of these casks close to the cold, damp floor and walls of the dunnage warehouses at The Dalmore Distillery, allows this whisky to reach its full potential: an exceptionally unique single malt with a rich, deep chocolate character. The Dalmore’s lineup leans toward fruitiness and richness throughout, so drinkers should be aware that’s what they’ll be experiencing, rather than the brine and smoke of Islay. Regardless, I have clearly found a new distillery to obsess over here—The Dalmore hits the sweet spot of fruit and richness that I often hunt for in Scottish single malt whiskies. Disputes that cannot be settled over multiple drams of whisky shall be solely submitted to the court of Amsterdam, The Netherlands unless mandatory applicable law provides otherwise. It’s noticeably lighter bodied than the extra-viscous Dalmore 18, but features some lovely dark fruit and sherry flavors, with tons of almond paste/marzipan in particular.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment