276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Storage Boxes, rectangle, H: 27+31 cm, W: 19,5+22,5 cm, plywood, 2pcs, depth 12,5 cm

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Reinforce with corner braces (optional): If you desire extra stability and reinforcement, you can add corner braces to the inside corners of the box. Secure them using screws, making sure they are flush with the edges. It’s essential to take accurate measurements and make precise cuts to ensure that the plywood panels fit together properly during assembly. Planning and precision at this stage will contribute to a more stable and professional-looking end result. I chose to make my boxes 1″ more narrow than the shelving opening to give myself and my children wiggle room when returning each box to its space. I also made the height of the boxes 3/4″ shorter than the opening. I’m happy with how this sizing worked out for me. Determine Lumber Needed Staining your Boxes: After sanding your boxes with 120 grit sandpaper, I recommend sanding one last time with 180 grit sandpaper before staining. You may choose to apply a wood conditioner to your wood before staining, which will help the wood accept the stain more evenly across its grain. Then apply your stain and allow it to rest for the period of time indicated on the label.

Sand the edges: After cutting the plywood panels, lightly sand the edges to remove any roughness or splinters. This will not only enhance the appearance of the box but also make it safer to handle. Priming and Painting the Boxes: When painting your wooden boxes, you should apply a single coat of primer and allow the primer to dry completely. Next, lightly sand down the primer with a high grit sandpaper, such as 320 grit.After deciding on the height, width, and depth of your boxes, determine how much lumber you will need. Plywood is sold in 4’x8′ pieces, so I chose to have 1/4″ plywood sheets cut into strips at the hardware store. Tips for using a hole saw: When cutting holes with a hole saw drill bit, I recommend marking the center part of your hole first, then using a smaller drill bit to drill through that point. To begin constructing your plywood box, you’ll first need to measure and cut the plywood panels to the desired dimensions. Follow these steps:

Sandpaper— 80 and 120, and 320 grit (120 is for sanding after box assembly, when a palm sander is handy. I always use adhesive sandpaper when using my palm sander.)Ensure you have all the required materials and tools before starting the project to make the construction process smoother and more efficient. Additionally, it’s always a good idea to wear safety goggles and gloves to protect yourself during the cutting and assembly stages. Apply wood filler (if needed): If there are any visible gaps or holes in the plywood, you can use wood filler to fill them in. Follow the instructions on the wood filler product and allow it to dry completely before proceeding. Now that you’re ready with all the necessary supplies, let’s move on to the first step: measuring and cutting the plywood panels. Step 1: Measuring and Cutting the Plywood Panels

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment