276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mirage

£2.5£5Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So far all the reissued/remastered Fleetwood Mac albums I have heard are on point, this one follows the same trend. Unsurprisingly, given the perfunctory nature of the sessions, there are few whole songs from the cutting room floor on this reissue: Nicks’ “If You Were My Love” is solid, and a more aggressive version of “Empire State” shows what might have transpired had Buckingham been allowed to make Tusk II. A patron funded not for profit record label, we are an ethics first business who believe in gender equality and fair pay for all. noted the absence of a re-release of the "Mirage Live" 1982 concert video release, which to date has not been released on DVD in the United States and United Kingdom. And you can only imagine how mad Buckingham was when she swept in and stole the show with “Gypsy,” its chrome glint distilling her loss of self and the death of a childhood friend, and the optimism the couple felt as young bohemians in San Francisco.

In 2009, another DVD incarnation of the Mirage concert was released under the title Fleetwood Mac – In Performance by the Showline label on a region-free disc.The edited version of "Gypsy" that appears on the album and single releases runs for only 4:24, but a 5½-minute version had been originally recorded. Love and happiness become an illusion, an unattainable idyll only accessible to the gods: “Knowledge not meant for mortal fools,” Buckingham sings on “Book of Love,” though that doesn’t stop him and his cohort from clinging to the belief that someone, something out there can save them.

The latter version was (initially) used in the video, and was not available on CD until the release of 1992's retrospective box set 25 Years – The Chain.When I think of the absolute best sounding records in my increasingly large collection, I always somehow end up back to this old club edition, and with good reason too, being that it's an absolutely phenomenal pressing through and through, with outstanding clarity, and pressed on silent vinyl. Apart from a very very small scuff on one corner of the cover,this album looked and played as if it was brand new,it was in mint condition. By this time Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, and Lindsey Buckingham had each started solo careers, Nicks to multi-platinum, number-one success with 1981's Bella Donna. They were traveling in separate limos by the end of the bad-tempered Tusk tour, where Buckingham had kicked Nicks onstage, and they’d circled Europe on Hitler’s old train. Buckingham praises the Big Apple and denigrates his native LA with a wild, removed lust that looks right through the object of his affection; when he sings about “flying high on the Empire State,” the lurching keys and harmonies make him sound like he’s being spun on his axis.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment