276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Perfect Lie: The addictive and unmissable heart-pounding thriller

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She also doesn’t trust what the police are saying about Danny, but knows there’s something he hasn’t told her. Obviously Spain keeps switching between the timelines, drip feeding us the details, until they link up and the twists are revealed. If you are looking for a thriller that has many twists and turns, while leaving you in a state of confusion pondering how this newest twist could possibly be, then this might just be the book for you. As I worked to solve this puzzle, I thought I had made some important in-roads, but Spain would issue yet another game changing clue that would throw my theories completely into oblivion. Now living in Long Island, she wakes up one day, expecting it to be like any other, and answers the door to Danny’s police colleagues.

The Perfect Lie: The addictive and unmissable heart-pounding thriller The Perfect Lie: The addictive and unmissable heart-pounding

The premise is good, it’s well written, the plot is clever and it builds with suspense and intensity. If you can imagine a rollercoaster ride through a hall of mirrors, that was my experience reading The Perfect Lie by Jo Spain. Based on my thorough enjoyment of The Perfect Lie, I whipped The Confession straight off my TBR shelf to read immediately after closing The Perfect Lie.Erin is a woman who has already seen tragedy in her life, she moved to New York to escape the pain of a family tragedy. Usually I say books of this size (just over 400 pages long) often need editing and their word count cut as they seem to drag in places but I never felt this way with The Perfect Lie. Erin rapidly becomes inconsolable as the shock of what's just happened hits her and she asks herself how on earth she didn't see it coming. Sadly, whilst ending their own lives is solving a problem, it's creating a problem for everyone else and I wanted to capture the grief that Erin was experiencing. The American system is very confrontational where they say to you 'we know you are guilty and now we are going to prove it'.

Award-winning novelist Jo Spain on new crime thriller The Perfect Lie Award-winning novelist Jo Spain on new crime thriller The Perfect

I intended to read Spain’s popular standalone release The Confession in 2018, but unfortunately it has been sitting on my shelves begging to be read. I was suspicious of the characters that pop up in this novel, I didn’t trust many of them, they all seemed to have their dark secrets! At times I was convinced I knew what had happened and then something else was disclosed which blew my theories out the water.Erin is a brilliant character - her confusion and 'in the dark' moments make this a wild reading experience. If you are looking for a domestic thriller that stands apart from others in the genre by clever layering of multiple elements and by withholding just the right details to keep you guessing, then give this book a go! In 2021, she co-wrote Harry Wild, starring Jane Seymour, with the Emmy award-winning David Logan (airing 2022).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment