276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Disturbed

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A kind hearted, but mentally disabled man, undergoes experimental surgery that dramatically increases his intelligence.

This groundbreaking book connects the dots between early life trauma and the physical and mental suffering so many live with as adults. Nakazawa fully engages us with fascinating, clearly written science and moving stories from her own and others’ stuggles with life-changing illness. Childhood Disrupted offers a blend of fresh insight into the impact of trauma and invaluable guidance in turning toward healing!” It's loosely based on a real story. Two teenage girls are left in the care of their aunt, who is an alcoholic single mother with three sons of her own. She gets her sons and all the neighborhood kids to torture one of them to death over several months, and none of them told their parents or the police — including the girl — because the woman threatened to kill her little sister if she did." Just finished this book. No idea what to feel. Can’t even think straight. Anger, Pain, Sadness. It was so brilliant. And so creepy. Awful. But absolutely perfect in its awfulness. I just needed to get it out. – Reader’s quote

How to Vote

This is the ABSOLUTE perfect novel to read right now with Halloween being right around the corner ;). I'm currently reading Haunter By Charlee Jacob, which is extremely graphic and disturbing, going to such limits as describing a demon squeezing a man's digestive system out of his body and eating it. Are there any other gross, extreme horror novels that anyone suggests?

One girl was left alive in the tub. Multiple stab wounds. One of them deep in the side of her abdomen. Blood everywhere. In the basement, with Ruth, I began to learn that anger, hate, fear and loneliness are all one button awaiting the touch of just a single finger to set them blazing toward destruction.”

Australians prepare to die as the radioactive fallout that destroyed the rest of humanity slowly reaches their country. Carly Robins is a new to me narrator, but one I would gladly listen to again. Her unique voices, tone and ability to drive up the tension were superb. The story lends itself perfectly to audio with its flow, chapter set up and perspectives. Lang, a detective who has history with Chelsea looks out for her and re-opens the case. Although retired, he decides to delve into what really happened that fateful night. Detective Robert Lang, 5 years with the Homicide Department was called to the crime scene of an apartment building, after building tenants heard screams and called 911…the occupants were 3 young women who attended Springfield College.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment