276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Official Downton Abbey Afternoon Tea Cookbook: Teatime Drinks, Scones, Savories & Sweets (Downton Abbey Cookery)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

low (afternoon), the two types of tea plants and how the tea leaves are prepared to make the different varieties of tea.

Introduced in the early 1700s at the Chelsea Bun House in South West London, this currant bun, made famous by proprietor Richard Hand – aka Captain Bun – became the must-have treat for that era and beyond. The general rule to the tea tray is that items can be eaten by hand so are cut into bite sized pieces, and generally cold, unless you have scones right out of the oven. As with everything, we were very early, so we decided to have a quick drink at the (aptly named) Rivoli Bar before meeting my aunt and uncle for ‘afternoon tea’.Afternoon tea is a real treat for me and I don’t ever want to be disappointed when trying out a new version (who does? These are set menus, and cannot be altered to cater for additional dietary requirements or preferences. Il est dommage que les étapes de la préparation ne soient pas illustrées, certaines recettes complexes pourront nécessiter une recherche complémentaires en cas de doute. The recipes are illustrated by pictures from the show - sometimes of the characters rather than the food, I wish there was more pictures of the cakes though.

Here, spooned into small, crisp tart shells, it becomes the ideal filling for a quintessential tea-time offering. If you are planning a visit to the UK, watch Downton Abbey, Coronation Street, or other British type serials, it might be helpful to get proper knowledge of the terms used.Milk goes in after tea — much debate over it, but according to Washington School of Protocol, milk goes in last.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment