276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Intel Xeon E5-2697V2 CPU (2.7GHz, 12 Core, 24 Threads, 30MB Cache, LGA

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Like I said, most of the numbers that you wrote are true, but the assumptions behind them isn't exactly all entirely true.

Single processor LGA2011 Xeons are under the title of E5-16xx v2. Dual processor system capable Xeons are E5-26xx v2, and quad processor system capable Xeons are E5-46xx v2. As Johan pointed out in his excellent dive into the improvements over the older architecture , these CPUs come from three die flavors: Intel มีไว้เพื่อจุดประสงค์ในเรื่องทั่วไป การศึกษา และการวางแผนเท่านั้น และประกอบด้วยหมายเลข Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN) และ Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) การใช้งานใดๆ อันประกอบด้วยการจัดประเภทของ Intel จะไม่ได้รับการปกป้องจาก Intel และจะไม่ถูกตีความว่าเป็นการรับรองหรือรับประกันเกี่ยวกับ ECCN หรือ HTS ที่ถูกต้อง บริษัทของคุณต้องรับผิดชอบในการระบุการจัดประเภทที่ถูกต้องของธุรกรรมของคุณ ในฐานะที่เป็นผู้นำเข้าและ/หรือผู้ส่งออก So in the BIOS v-core @ 1.250_v but with the droop it goes to 1.200v_1.184_v_&_1.168v that is quite a big swing which caught me by surprise.

Intel® Flex Memory Access

HPC vendors are increasingly targeting commercial markets, whereas commercial vendors, such as Oracle, SAP and SAS, are seeing HPC requirements." (Source: http://www.information-age.com/it-management/strat... Intel’s roadmap goes through all the power and market segments, from ultra-low-power, smartphones, tablets, notebooks, desktops, mainstream desktops, enthusiast desktops and enterprise. Enterprise differs from the rest of the market, requiring absolute stability, uptime and support should anything go wrong. High-end enterprise CPUs are therefore expensive, and because buyers are willing to pay top dollar for the best, Intel can push core counts, frequency and thus price much higher than in the consumer space. Today we look at two CPUs from this segment – the twelve core Xeon E5-2697 v2 and the eight core Xeon E5-2687W v2. Types, maximum amount and channel quantity of RAM supported by Xeon E5-4657L v2 and Xeon E5-2697 v2. The statement you made about having 32TB of RAM is again, partially true. But NONE of the single OS instances EVER have full control of all 32TB at once, which again, by DEFINITION, means that it is NOT truly SMP. (Course, if you ever get a screenshot which shows that, I'd LOVE to see it. I'd LOVE to get corrected on that.)"

Dont you think that a 262.000 core server and 100s of TB of RAM sounds more like a cluster, than a single fat SMP server? And why do the UV line of servers focus on OpenMPI accerators? OpenMPI is never used in SMP workloads, only in HPC. With the greatest performance possible combined with the best temps possible ---- and when one goes out of the Window (usuallly temps)___that is OC finished. The UV can run any OS that runs on modern x86 hardware today. Windows, Linux, Solaris (Unix) and perhaps at some point NonStop (HP's mainframe OS http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers... ). The x86 platform has plenty of choices to choose from. Some enterprise CPUs are also designed to speak to other CPUs in multiprocessor systems. On the Intel side, this means a point-to-point QPI link between each CPU in the system. Johan and I have recently tested several multiprocessor systems [ 1, 2, 3, 4] and as such these features develop over time, cost R&D, and are focused purely on the enterprise sector.Max Turbo Frequency refers to the maximum single-core processor frequency that can be achieved with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. See www.intel.com/technology/turboboost/ for more information and applicability of this technology. Use Core Temps or similar and switch on........also open CPU=Z and make sure it displays the v_core correctly --- some versions do not. The E5-2667 v2 is the same speed at any core loading as the E5-2687W v2, the same cache, the same features, except it is slightly cheaper, uses less power and supports more memory. Sounds like an easy win for the E5-2667 v2. Technological solutions and additional instructions supported by Xeon E5-2697 v2 and Xeon E5-2695 v2. You'll probably need this information if you require some particular technology. Instruction set extensions Anyway after attempting to alter load line calibration the system would not boot at all and trying to alter the previous 1.250v resulted in hours of wasted time and no result apart from 1.240v and no answer to the v-droop which also caused a v-rise on idle.

With this CPU the droop is pretty massive -which caused a blue screen on boot - OK, I've not set LLC so trying to cater for the droop with extra v-core.As pointed out numerous times before, that link is you cite is a decade old. SGI has moved into the SMP space with the Altix UV series. Continuing to use this link as relevant is plain disingenuous and deceptive. HDD, คอนโทรลเลอร์สำหรับกราฟิก, หน่วยความจำ, BIOS, ไดร์เวอร์, Virtual Machine Monitor-VMN, ซอฟท์แวร์แพลตฟอร์ม และ/หรือระบบปฏิบัติการ) สำหรับความเข้ากันได้ของคุณสมบัติ ฟังก์ชันการทำงาน, ประสิทธิภาพ และประโยชน์อื่นๆ ของคุณสมบัตินี้อาจแตกต่างกันไปตามการกำหนดค่าของระบบ The E5-2643 v2 has the most L3 Cache per core of any CPU, at 4.16 MB/core. This is a 10c die offering all 25 MB of L3 cache, but only six cores are active. Reasons for this include database applications that need a large amount of L3 cache per core. For licensing agreements that hinge on per-core pricing, having a larger amount of L3 per core could help save some money by needing fewer cores. It'll be interesting to see what IBM does with their next generation of hardware as the GX bux is disappearing.

Virtual machine speed-up technologies supported by Xeon E5-4657L v2 and Xeon E5-2697 v2 are enumerated here. VT-d The only parameter not altered was the v-core on boot in "digi-plus power" control which might have helped but maybe not on this board. I don't know what board you are on ------but if it is a good Asus board.......with the BIOS......(MSI may do this I don't know). http://www.intel.com/content/www/th/th/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html?wapkw=hyper+threading สำหรับข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมรวมถึงรายละเอียดว่ามีโปรเซสเซอร์ใดบ้างที่สนับสนุน Intel® HT Technology Processors that support 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture require an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS.The three dies are aimed at workstations/enthusiasts, servers and high performance computing respectively. I’m not going to repeat what Johan already posted, but it is a really good read if you have a chance to look through it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment