276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Destination NC500

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You’ll find that petrol stations are located in most of the larger villages and towns along the route. I would just recommend never letting your car get near empty and to fill up during the day as not all pumps are open overnight. We’ve driven the route several times and never had an issue finding fuel (regular or diesel). Inverness Mobile Tyre Fitting are a local, family run company who supply, fit and repair tyres 24/7 using their mobile service, covering all of the North Coast 500, Highland, Strathspey and Moray-shire region. Be prepared before you head out on your journey and add their number to your phone – 07785295534!

You’re very welcome, and happy to look over an itinerary or answer more questions as you get further along in your planning. There are lots of historical attractions along the route as well as places where you can do short walks and hikes. We note many of these in our detailed itinerary. If you have 3 full days and are starting from Inverness, I’d probably recommend 2 day exploring one section of the coast and 1 day on the other, so you get a bit of a taste of both. The east has more towns and cultural stuff, but the west is more dramatic and scenic. I’d take a look at our suggested North Coast 500 itinerary for what you can do in each area and town to help you decide if east or west is better, as either would work fine for heading over to Skye afterward.

There are over 10 golf courses in this area but a few golf courses to consider are the Inverness Golf Club in Inverness, The Nairn Golf Clubin Nairn, Nairn Dunbar Golf Club in Nairn, Castle Stuart Golf Links near Nairn, Fortrose and Rosemarkie Golf Clubin Fortrose, Invergordon Golf Club in Invergordon, and the Royal Links Championship Course & Struie Course in Dornoch.

Wow! What a terrific source of inspiration! Thank you SO much for taking the time and put it together! Golfing.Scotland is the home of golf and attracts golfers from around the world who want to play some of Scotland’s best known courses. For golfers, I’d recommend driving the route between Inverness and Dornoch, and also detouring a bit from the NC500 to the Nairn area. Glencanisp Lodge outside Lochinver – dog-friendly hotel run by local community members, great location for hikers

Inverness Apartments

They will rarely run out onto the road in front of you, but it can be easy to miss a little lamb lying on the road until it is too late. Lambs are most vulnerable in the Spring and early summer. It is recommended by the NC500 to not drive anything over 18 feet (about 5.5 meters) on these. Partly because of the narrow stretches and also because you need to be able to safely pull into and reverse the vehicle into passing places which are not always that long. If you are looking for places to travel in Scotland where there are lots of hostels and cheaper places to stay I’d recommend looking at the larger cities in Scotland as these are well connected by public transit (both train and bus, which will save you money so you don’t need a rental car) and offer hostels – your chances of couchsurfing there would also be much higher. So cities you might look at are Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Stirling, and Inverness. We haven’t traveled the route with kids, but we definitely think it doable and can make for a nice holiday for children of any age. I think you just need to do a bit more planning to make sure you allow more time for breaks and plan visits to places the kids will enjoy. So I think with just planning your route in advance and staying off the side roads, you should be fine with the motorhome you have. The route is definitely best explored with the smallest vehicle you have, but I think you can do it with the one you have with some good route planning.

If you are arriving elsewhere in Scotland or the UK, you’ll have additional options such as Rent a Motorcycle in Edinburgh. Renting a Campervan and Camping Gear Yes, as you said, it is not good to rush a North Coast 500 trip as you’ll miss out on seeing and doing a lot in the area. It is much more enjoyable if you can drive it at a relaxing pace. We’d recommend at least a week if you have the time. Have at least a tentative itinerary can also help you identify and fit in places you really want to see that have limited opening times (e.g., a museum or attraction only open 3 days a week or a restaurant only open on weekends for dinner).

Fresh from our Blog

I think if there is one general piece of advice that people who live and work along the NC500 route would give tourists is to slow down, stop rushing, and spend more time helping support the region. We’ve probably heard some version of this hundreds of times and totally agree with it. Wishing you a great visit and time at the pipe band championship. Are you competing or just going to watch? Pony trekking is possible at Red Point at the Gairloch Pony Trekking Centre. Need to book in advance. The majority of visitors to the North Coast 500 take their trips between May and September. However, while summer brings longer days, lighter evenings and warmer temperatures, the autumn and winter seasons are becoming more popular – these colder months open up a magical world of different activities and experiences that can be enjoyed even when the temperature drops.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment