276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Driven

£4.945£9.89Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Murphy, Adrienne. "Happy Birthday Gilbert O'Sullivan: Revisiting a Classic Interview". Hot Press . Retrieved 14 June 2022.

Home again, naturally!". Ireland's Own . Retrieved 27 August 2020. There were six children in my family, and at that time it was common for many homes in the UK to have a piano. The thinking behind it was that if one of the children became good at it they could go on to earn a few bob playing in the pubs, though I never went down that route. Baltin: I just was with Rod Stewart last week. And he has a project he's doing with Jools Holland, which is taking a lot of older songs and doing them with a show tune type vibe. And a lot of these songs, I feel like you have that same sort of timeless old show tune melody. Gilbert’s new album Driven follows his acclaimed Ethan Johns-produced, self-titled 2018 album which was awarded 4-stars in MOJO magazine. The thirteen songs that comprise Driven reveal a songwriter whose ability to sniff out hitherto undiscovered sources of low-hanging melodic fruit is keener than ever. Produced by Andy Wright and recorded with a live band at the legendary RAK studios, the unexpected velocity at which the songs came together bears testament to the instant chemistry generated between O’Sullivan, Wright and a house band featuring Pat Murdoch (Beyonce, Simply Red, Chrissie Hynde), Rich Milner (Morcheeba, James Morrison) and Geoff Holdroyde (Take That, Big Linda). Stanley, Bob (25 August 2011). "Gilbert O'Sullivan: time for a reappraisal?". The Guardian . Retrieved 11 March 2017.In 1967 ... [h]e took a part-time Christmas job at the C&A Department store on Oxford Street. While there, a colleague brought his tapes to the attention of the CBS record company executives. They liked what they heard, and he was signed up.' Ireland's Own, 12 June 2015, No. 5501, pg 9 Ingle, Róisín. "The strange case of Gilbert O'Sullivan". The Irish Times . Retrieved 31 August 2020. O'Sullivan's disc sales exceeded ten million in 1972 and made him the top star of the year. [11] O'Sullivan's success led to his taking part in the BBC's anniversary programme Fifty Years of Music in November 1972. O'Sullivan was ranked by Record Mirror as the number 1 male singer of 1972, [28] and in May 1973, he won an Ivor Novello award for "British Songwriter of the Year." [29] Gilbert’s extraordinary ability for exploring the human condition is exemplified on Hey Man, which offers snapshots of decisive moments in the lives of four separate characters, who all have in common that things may never be the same again beyond these frozen moments in time. a b "Gilbert O'Sullivan | full Official Chart history". Official Charts Company . Retrieved 1 September 2018.

Driven is released on 22 July 2022 via BMG. TECHNICAL NOTES: This blu-ray audio requires a blu-ray player. Decoding the Dolby Atmos mix requires a Dolby Atmos-certified soundbar or a Dolby Atmos-compatible AV Receiver/Amp. The Dolby Atmos mix will 'fold down' to 5.1 or stereo if a Dolby Atmos decoder is not detected. O'Sullivan is also noted for his role in bringing about the practice of clearing samples in hip hop music as a result of the 1991 court case Grand Upright Music, Ltd. v. Warner Bros. Records, Inc., [37] in which he sued rapper Biz Markie over the rights to use a sample of his song "Alone Again (Naturally)". [6] He won 100% of the royalties and made sampling an expensive undertaking. [38] His last album, 2018’s Gilbert O’Sullivan, was acclaimed across the UK media and achieved Gilbert’s highest UK Album Chart position in almost 45 years. Melhuish, Martin (1986). The Supertramp Book. Toronto, Canada: Omnibus Press. p.18. ISBN 0-9691272-2-7. Baltin: Looking at the press materials that were sent out, there's quotes from so many artists who are fans of yours, from Paul Weller, Timothy Burgess, Kim Wilder and Chris Difford of Squeeze, who's a great songwriter. Are you able to tune that out and just focus on the writing?

Credits

O'Sullivan: Yeah. but it didn't take much practice to do it. And so we had great fun doing it 'cause as you know, on videos, you're doing it about 100 times. We had fun 'cause that's the first time I met KT, so here we are together, singing together, and yeah, it was great. Good fun. We're doing more. I think that there will be another one. I think the song "Let Me Know" is being released. I think that's kind of a good pop single. I think that may well be at the next video that we will do, so yeah. a b c d Murrells, Joseph (1978). The Book of Golden Discs (2nded.). London: Barrie and Jenkins Ltd. p. 318. ISBN 0-214-20512-6. O'Sullivan has continued to record and perform into the 21st century. He enjoys particular acclaim in Japan. [6] His album A Scruff at Heart was released in 2007, featuring "Just So You Know". On 14 July 2008, O'Sullivan released "Never Say Di". He appeared at the 2008 Glastonbury Festival, and played London's Royal Albert Hall on 26 October 2009. On 26 August 2010, O'Sullivan announced that he had joined Hypertension, a record company whose artists have included Leo Sayer, Chris DeBurgh, Fleetwood Mac and Gerry Rafferty. [39]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment