276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hook, Line, and Sinker (Bellinger Sisters, 2)

£13.995£27.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Can we just get to the smut already, I don’t want to read about how Fox is such a commitment-phobe and for what? To be fair, I always think I'm going to love the friends-to-lovers trope so much more than I actually do. Eventually, everything is tied up with a bow, but the easy resolutions for so many long-standing feuds and family dramas feel pat and unearned. The anxiousness about being liked is one of the biggest problems youngsters face in the current era. Hook, Line and Sinker follows Fox Thornton, who’s got a reputation around Westport as the flirtatious player that’s hard to shake.

Hook, Line and Sinker by Tessa Bailey | The Nerd Daily Review: Hook, Line and Sinker by Tessa Bailey | The Nerd Daily

given the book's title, it's not unreasonable for me to expect the leading man to live up to his reputation, especially when his first name is fox and the book at one point describes him as "the maestro of feminine wetness" (HUUUUHHHH! And Hannah helping chip away at his walls, until he finally realised what he had been feeling for so long. An uncomfortable subplot links traumatic experiences during Beat’s teenage years to his sexual proclivities as an adult.This is proof not to judge a book by its cover, because the cover design does not do this story justice! I just wished their relationship felt more balanced and that they worked better as friends before they got all the lovey dovey talks and stuff in the way. Bailey’s novel delivers madcap, humorous adventures, including a delightful reunion for Trina and Octavia.

Hook, Line, and Sinker: A Novel (Bellinger Sisters Book 2)

I loved the character development, the romance and ensuing maturity of the characters felt real and believable while still retaining that sweep-you-off-your-feet romance. It is the second book of the Bellinger Sisters series and follows the first book, It Happened One Summer.But seeing Hannah in his own apartment, getting jealous to see her with her precious douchebag director change something in him!

Hook, Line, and Sinker: A Novel: 2 (Bellinger Sisters, 2)

New York Times bestselling author Tessa Bailey can solve all problems except for her own, so she focuses those efforts on stubborn, fictional blue-collar men and loyal, lovable heroines. Maybe it's because this book centers on her, and she's described as this deeply insecure and nerdy, simple girl who doesn't conform to social rules despite working in the Hollywood scene, who dresses all hipster and is obsessed with music, but what I saw was a pretentious young girl who wanted it all and had it while telling herself she was oh so unlucky and oh so complicated. Piper hasn’t even been in Westport for five minutes when she meets big, bearded sea captain Brendan, who thinks she won’t last a week outside of Beverly Hills. Nothing could ever happen between Fox and Hannah as she doesn't want to be another of his girl flings. Armed with a few tips from Westport’s resident Casanova, Hannah sets out to catch her coworker’s eye… yet the more time she spends with Fox, the more she wants him instead.

Such a heartbroken guy just trying to work his way through his past hurt and the way people viewed him.

Hook, Line, and Sinker: A Novel (Bellinger Sisters, 2)

This was one of my most anticipated releases of the year, and while I did still enjoy it, it didn’t quite live up to my expectations. But being just friends is becoming a struggle and Hannah can't decide where her feelings lie with the crush she has for Sergi, or can she trust her heart that she is not just another girl fling to Fox. The relationships are portrayed with compassion and honesty, and the author’s note at the end that explains Hoover’s personal connection to the subject matter is a must-read. He is very one dimensional until his dick gets involved with Hannah and then he’s a little more 3D if you catch my drift. I enjoyed this book a lot more than the first one because I loved our characters and their chemistry together.Fox is surprised when Brendan wants him to captain the voyage; inspired by Hannah’s faith in him, he steps up to the responsibility he hadn’t wanted before. Except now she’s walking around in a towel, sleeping right across the hall, and Fox is fantasizing about waking up next to her for the rest of his life and… and… man overboard! Yet as she reconnects with her past and begins to feel at home in Westport, Piper starts to wonder if the cold, glamorous life she knew is what she truly wants.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment