276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO 76832 Disney and Pixar's Lightyear XL-15 Spaceship Model, Outer Space Buildable Toys with Buzz Minifigure, Movie Inspired Set, Gifts for Kids, Boys & Girls

£22.495£44.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The only possible criticism is in the printing of the eyes on the dark tan helmets for Daryl Steel and Mo Morrison. They are both off-centre and once you see it you can’t unsee it. For a set that is otherwise so beautifully precise, this tiny flaw is only accentuated. This LEGO set is as once what it needs to be for Disney and Pixar’s Lightyear, but then also so much more than that – it’s an opportunity for the LEGO Group to show off exactly what a LEGO Space set in 2022 can look like. It’s intricate, layered, playable, unique in shape and style and even celebrated in display. Take heed of this review –this may be camouflaged under the branding of Lightyear, but this is just as much the LEGO Space set we have been waiting almost a decade for. Creativity takes off – Fans can fly the XL-15, imagine they’re one of the ground crew preparing the craft for flight or role-play any number of fun space battles with the LEGO® minifigures and weapons There are some glorious techniques in place to complete the slanted wing look and fill in any gaps otherwise created and these are amazingly hidden in plain sight, and really speak to the extra level of finesse that has gone into this set’s overall design. Not so much a rare appearance, just a plain wired one are 2x DIFFERENTIAL 3M, NO. 1 in Medium Stone Grey (6285647 | 65414), available in 6 other sets all in the LEGO Technic line. Intricate Technic elements are not my area of expertise so I've enlisted the help of fellow New Elementary contributor Alex Campos to explain what this thing is for.

That said, Pixar is different. They could have cranked out ten times as many sequels as they have at this point, but they’re a company that’s willing to pull the plug on a movie that doesn’t feel right, and won’t even get started if they don’t think they have a story worth telling. There’s a reason Pixar is the only studio I collect. XL-15 Spaceship is officially a LEGO Disney and Pixar’s Lightyear-themed set, but for how it has been put together with such a surprising amount of detail and care – and even if it’s meant to just look like the animated source material from the Disney + movie – it speaks to LEGO Space fans so profoundly. The XL-15 was evidently created for a single occupant and comfortably accommodates Buzz Lightyear, even wearing his bulky armour. There is also room for Sox to stand behind the pilot and you can almost seat a second minifigure here, but the roof is slightly too low. Even so, the internal space is ample. The designers of all departments brought their A-game with this theme, and I can’t wait to explore its new parts like the canopy and body armour piece further. The sets areGrow the intergalactic fun – This set combines with Zyclops Chase (76830) and Zurg battle (76831) to bring more scenes from Lightyear to fans’ bedrooms It’s various aspects like this that make 76832 XL-15 Spaceship such a curious LEGO spaceship to put together, and just as curious to look at and hold (read: play with) when complete.

Based on stills from the trailer it looks fairly accurate, with room for improvement. However! I am very glad that the canopy is plain trans yellow, in the movie there is supporting structure (like an X-wing, etc.) and I could have seen them making a choice to print on the canopy but I'm happy they didn't! Yet, for how great 76832 XL-15 Spaceship actually is, for the sheer depth and breadth of design expertise that has gone into it, and for how all this speaks to LEGO Space fans way beyond those following the latest adventures of Buzz Lightyear, there is a lot of value to be felt in that price. — Pictures — The additional head for Buzz is a nice bonus we don’t usually see in LEGO sets today, and makes for a potentially grotesque sequence for the characters included, particularly with one eye on the size of their weapons… — Price — The wings may have been broadened to make room for the graphics. How do you trim up the trailing edge but leave enough room for the “15” and logo? The 45° edge uses the only angled tiles, but still leaves room for the 4x4 plate/tile. The only other option is wedge plates, which would crowd out the 4x4 used for the number/logo, and introduce more studs that would make it difficult to find another solution. This may have also been a design concession, this time to more critical deco. The wingtip navigation lights appear to be a cheat to get the angled shape in there, keep the wings sturdy, and still make some sort of sense (or it could be a tip of the hat to Toy Story Buzz’ wingtips).Buzz Lightyear's XL-15 spacecraft looks absolutely stunning! This angular design is unusual among modern LEGO vehicles and seems diametrically opposed to the bulbous curvature of 7593 Buzz's Star Command Spaceship. Instead, the model has attracted comparison with the famous Viper space superiority fighter from Battlestar Galactica, possessing a similar shape. For play and display – This buildable model spacecraft comes with a display stand, and together they measure over 15 cm (6 in.) high, 27 cm (10 in.) long and 18 cm (7 in.) wide Despite appearing spindly, the display stand provides ample support and is securely attached using a Technic axle that slots into the underside of Buzz's vehicle. The accompanying plaque looks lovely, emblazoned with the Star Command emblem. However, the weight distribution on the stand is noticeably imperfect, hence the spacecraft tends to tilt forwards slightly.

The body armour for all three – but in particular for Daryl Steel and Mo Morrison – gives off particular Mandalorian vibes too, for their colours and the fact that piece debuted in a LEGO Mandalorian set in the first place. The set was provided for review by LEGO. All opinions expressed are those of the author. Minifigures XL-15 Spaceship reminds me of the amazing 76193 The Guardians' Ship, since these sets share numerous qualities. Both models include detail comparable with Ultimate Collector Series sets, without entailing the same gigantic scale. The aerodynamic design looks fantastic and the interior contains satisfying detail, exceeding my expectations. However, the external shape is surprisingly inaccurate, relative to the film. This seems notably apparent around the wings, which should be considerably narrower and not extend behind the engine nacelles. While fidelity to the original vehicle is very important, I think the current shape looks superb and the markings appear absolutely perfect. This is one of those modern LEGO sets that looks as much like a custom build, put together by an expert LEGO fan, as it does something that the LEGO Group has focus-grouped and play-tested.

Mo Morrison wears the same helmet and dark tan suit, completely covered with pouches and featuring flame yellowish orange highlights on the legs. The onscreen character seems to wear sand blue armour instead, although his shoulder armour is sand blue. The realistic scratches on this component look excellent and I love the coloured stripes on both characters' shoulders.

This is one part that makes up a differential, the 4th generation that LEGO have made. It’s usually seen stuffed with 5x 12T single-bevel gears (6589) and paired up with a 28 tooth gear (65413). It can handle more torque than the previous generations, which used just 3 bevel gears." I mean, you won’t get any disagreement from me on D-. The only streaming service I have is HBO Max, which I got free with my HBO subscription. I don’t hold out any hope that they’ll ever just let me buy the final season of Clone Wars, or any other content that was created specifically for streaming, as renting content seems to be their new “vault” scheme. One thing’s for sure, which is the more I look at the four XL craft, the more of a Thunderbirds vibe I’m getting. So far, only the Zyclops’ drop pods look like they’ll be a class of vehicle rather than a one-off design like Vader’s TIE. Make that two things. I will be irritated if they don’t make sets based on more of these ships, in particular the Zurg Fighter and the XL-02.

Recently Viewed

The final model comes in at a decent size for a one-man ship and even comes with a display stand that again is indicative of a much higher level than an 8+ LEGO set. The stand makes allowances for the wings that sit about half a millimetre below the undercarriage of the ship, preventing it from suitably resting on a flat surface. The stand also tilts the model for a more dynamic final touch to 76832 XL-15 Spaceship. — Characters — On the Mattel toy, it looks slightly curved on top over the length, with a more curved bottom edge, and a very round shape when viewed from the front. This looks like something they plan to be able to reuse later on, where an exact replica would require one exclusive piece for the canopy, and an exclusive mating hull section to nest it in, like that horrid Alpha Team bubble canopy. I’m cool with this, but you’re not wrong. Lightyear presents the inspiration for the Buzz Lightyear action figure from Toy Story, hence this minifigure wears a less ostentatious suit than the versions in other sets and that eventual action figure. Instead, this orange attire appears reminiscent of contemporary astronauts, albeit featuring a large shoulder armour component that displays the Star Command symbol. However, 76832 XL-15 Spaceship is actually such a sheer exploration and celebration of LEGO spaceship design that it stands to be one of the most collectible LEGO sets for future years, for those who overlook it during what is likely to be a short shelf life. may get a commission: UK LEGO Shop | USA LEGO Shop | Australia LEGO Shop, for other countries 'Change Region'.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment