276°
Posted 20 hours ago

FLOYD ROSE TREMOLO STOP LOCK - BRASS FRTL40BRASS

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Because there's now a 'stop-point', tightening the springs provides extra tension on that side of the tremolo-scale without being able to upset the balance and pull the bridge sharp—it can't move past the stop. The extra spring tension imparts more 'resistance' to bending and fluttering on the string side. The trade-off is you're now dive-only. The build quality of the Tremol-No is okay. There are things that it does well, but also things that can be improved upon.

Tremolo is a modulation up and down in volume, whereas vibrato is a modulation up and down in pitch. Hand vibrato is the technique where you vibrate the guitar strings with your fretting hand to produce vibrato. Vibrato systems, like the ones seen on Fender Stratocasters, can apply vibrato to all of the guitar’s strings. This can be used to add some “shimmer” to chords, like in the following recording. Using the vibrato system is a great way to make these long chords more interesting. I was thinking of some designs for an adjustable tremolo stopper, and then realised there was a common household piece of gear that was a lot cheaper than a Tremol-no. Sure it would require a little permanent surgery, but that didn’t bother me. I’m sure a lot of you won’t be either. I wanted to go from floating to dive-only so I could use my D-Tuna, and this little contraption would enable me to do this.To start with the positives, the device is made from the right materials, has a quality finish and is constructed with narrow tolerances. Especially the tolerances are important, as you don’t want any play in the components that causes the bridge to wobble. Let’s take a look at detailed look at tremolo vs vibrato, and listen to some audio examples to get a better understanding of these often misunderstood effects. The two types of tremolo

I’ve also recorded this clip of me playing my guitar using vibrato. Here’s me playing another guitar scale, but with vibrato. It’s a lot subtler vs tremolo. All in all, the Tremol-No has relatively few shortcomings. The ones it does have are fairly easy to solve. But, if you don’t have a tremolo effect built in, don’t worry! There are guitar effects pedals that are specifically designed to produce tremolo.To help you with this, I have created a more detailed post on how you can install a tremol-no system yourself at home. Of course, you can also choose to have a skilled guitar tech/luthier take care of it for you.

There’s a few different ways you can play vibrato on an electric guitar: hand vibrato, using a vibrato system, or using an effects pedal. Hand vibrato

Floyd Rose Tremolo Stop Lock Features:

Tremolo and vibrato are both what’s known as “modulation” effects, meaning that they both change your guitar’s signal to produce an effect. If you do experience unwanted movement with the Tremol-No, it is likely caused by the setup of the Tremol-No or by an issue with the guitar itself. I have covered these issues and their respective fixes in the aforementioned installation article. Ease of Use It’s used to add movement and interest to a guitar part, and can help give a stronger sense of rhythm to a song. Some guitars, you can set up like this relatively easily. If you can put the bridge-base flat to the guitar top and give the springs a bit of a tighten, you’ll eliminate some of the problems of a fully-floating tremolo. You’ll still be able to dive and wobble the bridge about but you won’t be able to pull up beyond the strings’ usual pitch. The pedal will fluctuate the pitch of your signal before it gets to your amplifier, giving you that distinct vibrato sound.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment