276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Masottina Prosecco Brut NV, Veneto, Italy 75cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The finish of this sparkling wine from the Veneto wine-growing region, or more precisely from Prosecco DOC, impresses with a good aftertaste. Fruity on the nose but with a palate that thanks to the glera (90%) and pinot nero grapes gives more tannin than fruit. Zeigt sich am Gaumen mit sehr kompaktem Körper, Säure und Perlage sind gut abgestimmt, präzise und trocken, wie es sein soll.

Made of 100% Glera, the main grape for Prosecco, 80% of the wine’s blend comes from the village of Ogliano, Masottina’s home base, where clay soils and meticulous farming help produce wines of superb structure and aromatic intensity. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. This single-varietal Italian wine flatters the glass with wonderfully expressive notes of peach, lemon, apple and mirabelle plum.Releasing hints of citrus fruits: lemon, grapefruit, citrus and perceptible notes of apple, from fresh green apple to the softy sweetness of quince. Thanks to its moderate fruit acidity, Contrada Granda Brut Prosecco Superiore Conegliano Valdobbiadene flatters the palate with a soft sensation without lacking freshness. Masottino Prosecco Brut is straw yellow with light green reflections with fine and persistent bubbles in your glass. Owned by the Dal Bianco family since 1946, they switched from being a negociant to vineyard owner in the 1960s. Masottina is the historic brand of the Dal Bianco family, born and bred in the hills of Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore, declared a Unesco heritage site in 2019.

Its a perfectly easy drink (if you like extra dry) without the need for food and I have finally found a dry sparkling wine which I actually like.On the palate it's full of fine bubbles with a sherbet and pear drop-like taste, nicely balanced by racy acidity. I'm not making fun of these nice people, but it certainly is funny what they come up with when it comes to Prosecco in particular. I swear I saw an article recently saying that the region was putting a halt on any new vineyards being planted for awhile so they can try and maintain some sort of quality instead of getting completely out of control, but I can't find that article now. This is a classic Brut style Prosecco that is perfect for many social occasions, as a pre-dinner aperitif but can also be enjoyed with salads, light pasta dishes and seafood. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional.

Prosecco has been a hit in the Netherlands for years and actually everywhere in Europe, except in Italy itself. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. The elegant Contrada Granda Brut Prosecco Superiore Conegliano Valdobbiadene from Italy is a single-varietal wine made from the Glera grape variety.Fresh and lively in its elegance, it reveals hints of citrus fruit whose freshness is almost fragrance. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product.

The driver will input your year of birth into their device and may then require an ID check to complete the age verification process. The Italians themselves opt for the dry style and they drink it at noon with a focaccia with spinach or tuna or just as a glass in between. Enjoy this as you would any other Prosecco; with antipasti, prosciutto and melon, green salads or a light aglio, olio, peperoncino pasta. They mention that it makes a very acceptable gift, has a pleasant and fruity flavour and does well with any occasion. I had to break the news to him that we don't sell deli meats (OMG I wish we did) and he had to explain to me that it was a sparkling wine.A passion born in the vineyard - With every harvest for the past 75 years the Dal Bianco family has renewed its roots and inspiration. Given the vineyard's reputation, I was expecting great things and to be honest it did not disappoint.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment