276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Zooropa (30th Anniversary Edition)

£28.375£56.75Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Maybe because of that last fact, along with the awkward Pop years that followed, the band seems to view the album as a strange detour.

with this new U2 Achtung Baby reissue? What’s the deal with this new U2 Achtung Baby reissue?

The pulsing, zigzagging “Lemon,” one of my favorites that still makes my heart flutter like a teenager at the dance, is based on Bono’s having found Super 8 footage of his long-dead mother from when she was 24, looking lovely in a lemon-colored dress as a maid of honor at a wedding. Cash’s weather-worn voice fit perfectly with the song’s narrator, an Old Testament survivor—a cowboy walking “under an atomic sky”—who serves as an antidote to the album’s manifesto of uncertainty by choosing resolutely, as someone old and wise, to continue wandering into the unknown. I was living it, the fall of the Wall, so I probably figured (with a dose of teenage arrogance) that I didn’t need the experience reflected back to me in a big, bold, melodramatic way by a group of Irish rock stars. We've got some ideas hanging around from the last record, let's do an EP, maybe four new songs to spice the next phase of the tour up a bit. So they made this strange little album with few pretenses and a modest agenda: what it’s like to be a person in this changing world.The introduction to the title track, " Zooropa", contains a noisy collage of indecipherable human voices from radio signals—credited to the "advertising world" [32]—played over sustained synthesiser chords. U2 viewed Zooropa as a low-key part two to Achtung Baby, making use of some of Achtung Baby’s leftover material, while writing other songs from scratch.

Zooropa (30th Anniversary) | Black Circle Records U2 - Zooropa (30th Anniversary) | Black Circle Records

Recorded at Hive Mind Studios in Brooklyn, NY, with the help of producer/arrangers Mike Buckley and Vincent Chiarito (both members of Charles Bradley's Extraordinaires) and crack team of a-list musicians, his upcoming album blends heavy arrangements and introspective lyrics with sophistication, leaving the listener in a blissful wash of wonderment.A 30th anniversary limited edition pressing of U2’s 1993 landmark Zooropa will be released by Island Records and UMR in October. Notorious for their meticulous planning, U2 surprised everyone – including their label – by dropping a new album out of nowhere.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment