276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Linsoul RAPTGO Hook-X 14.2mm Open Planar Diaphragm Driver + PZT Driver HiFi in-Ear Earphone with Detachable 0.78 2pin OCC Cable for Musician Audiophile

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I mostly use them for FPS games and have had no problems pin pointing other player positions with them. Internal housing structure design and acoustic damping system were carefully brought about to achieve a balanced target tuning, a rarity among IEMs that utilize the planar magnetic driver.

Tuning - This is a clear indicator of the capability of the IEM to reproduce frequencies and tones in the audible spectrum. Listening to Dimash Kudaibergen’s “Sinful Passion”, the vocals are full of sentiment and the cello is textured but at the same time oozes with an enchanting richness. Either way, it extends the length of the source connection by about 1/3rd of an inch and is not too distracting.Moreover, the newly designed PZT acoustic shock drive bracket structure greatly avoid transmission loss and vibration to present a better sound performance.

Real quick, I have to mention that I did let the Hook-X burn in for about 70-80 hrs using the 1more Assistant app. My guess is that the bone conduction driver is to blame for this, since it’s vibrating your inner ear through contact, rather than vibrating the air.

But, I did quite a bit of listening on the Chord Mojo/Poly as well, so I can't say it's just do to the step-up in source quality. Quickly…how I review​Whether it’s a Planar, DD, Hybrid, Tribrid… whatever, what sounds good will sound good and what doesn’t… doesn’t. Yes, the slam is punchy and satisfying but in the same breath there is air to breathe with this bass. Using the Fiio Ka3 proved to do the job pretty well, easily driving the Hook to a satisfying listening sesh. Still this region is resolute enough and raised enough to present a balanced attack with the rest of the mix.

What stand apart is the holographic sense of layering that put forward mids in the center stage without being too compressed. Video Rigoletto - “La donna e mobile” Sung by one of the three Tenors, great song for high-performing male vocals. There are a few drawbacks with the technicalities, but overall, I wasn’t too concerned about them while listening, because the set brings a lot to the table in other ways.The cable matches the green-on-black boldness of the iems, with green-on-black fabric (possibly Nylon), which covers the whole of the cable. That said, when I tried EQing the treble on this set, I was able to squeeze a good amount of extra detail out of the hook. The treble is extended and while it doesn't have the most air of IEMs, it still has plenty of output in these extreme areas to provide proper sounding percussions and reed instruments, all while not sounding muted and congested.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment