276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blue Power Mega Blue Laundry Soap

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Usage: mix up to 1 tsp clay into the lye solution or with 2 tsp distilled water and add at a light trace. Caesar wrote that Britons “dye their bodies with woad, which produces a blue color,” and Pliny recorded that many of the women “stain all the body” blue with woad (an intriguing thought! For most of my soap, I like to add a little more creativity though, and that involves naturally coloring it.

Usage: either make a puree with fresh or dried sage leaves and add it at trace for overall color, or add 1 tsp PPO dried sage at trace for dark speckles throughout the bars. Usage: I’ve read that you can infuse dried leaves in liquid oils, but I’ve not used this one before.

Cook and puree the flesh and use it to replace up to half of the water content needed for the soap recipe.

There’s also concentrated madder powder available through some natural dye suppliers, and using 1/4 tsp PPO will give you a very dark purple. Probably the most stunning natural blue soap colorant is indigo and I’ve shared how to use it in soap over here. Major donors were also enthusiastic about this out-of-the-box programme from the start, with the UN Central Emergency Response Fund, The World Bank (through the Pandemic Emergency Fund) and USAID funding the first phase of the Blue Soap initiative.In partnership with the Ministries of Health and Communication, UNICEF developed messages on COVID-19 prevention measures to reach Burundians in every province. To get naturally white soap bars, use white to light-colored base soaping oils, such as in this eco-friendly recipe. Be aware that cinnamon leaves a slightly gritty feeling in the soap, which could be used as an exfoliant. Though the oil is bright red, I’ve only ever seen it stay red in a few cases that were not my own recipes. Alternatively, premix with distilled water (use 3x the amount of clay for the water amount) and stir in at light trace.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment