276°
Posted 20 hours ago

IK Multimedia iRig 2 Mobile Guitar Interface, Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The iRig is fantastic for its price, but there are limitations. For those of you who are interested in something more serious and “professional”, with a bit more money you can dive into the world of USB Audio Interfaces. The reason I bought it was as the adds and promotion seemed to state quite unequivocally that I could do that – therefore record the direct signal plus the signal from the amp. Not to be unfortunately.

The iRig HD 2 is a great tool for any guitar player, though I like it particularly for the following scenarios: Note: Do NOT enable the 'Hardware Buffer' under Options in the ASIO4ALL panel, as this causes poor performance.We really don’t recommend doing that. Without going into the details, take it from us – it’s not going to sound as good as you’d like it to. Once connected, the iRig HD 2 is powered (indicated by a blue LED light) via the USB cable and is class compliant. This means it doesn't need drivers to work, which is usually the case when IK Multimedia gear is combined with Apple products. An amplifier may not be the most practical equipment to have with you all the time. Thus, a number of artists and musicians today have chosen to record their electric instruments directly into their computer’s recording software. This is known as Direct Input (DI).

Windows 10 should handle the HD 2 in a similar fashion, and I do know that the Amplitube 5 SE software works great on both Mac and PC platforms.iRig HD 2 + TONEX for iPhone and iPad is your on-the-go dream rig featuring IK’s breakthrough AI Machine Modeling technology. Play, practice and record using the most authentic and hyper-realistic gear models ever made. In this guide, we will show you how to register, setup, and connect your IK Multimedia iRig 2 for the first time. Follow the sections below to get started. My wife and I have four kids, who go to sleep fairly early. After they're in bed we watch TV, read or just hang out in the living room. There are plenty of times I'd love to plug in and play guitar, but can't, because either my wife is watching a show or I'm afraid I'll wake the kids up.

Now, you need to do the same thing to the AmpliTube 5 SE software or whatever DAW you might be using. In AmpliTube 5 SE, the process is really easy and will be similar in other applications.

The Bottom line

You could start by purchasing a ¼” to 3.5mm converter to plug your instrument into the mic input of your computer or laptop. To get around this problem, here are some excellent yet inexpensive tools to record your instrument directly into BandLab. Let’s start with the simplest of the lot: Traditionally, these instruments (especially electric guitar) are plugged into an amplifier and then miked up. It is common practice in professional recordings because it yields the best sound. Services Guitar Workshop Electronic Repairs Workshop Music Store Events & Workshops Piano Showroom Music Lessons Recording Studio I've heard some people say that they've experienced latency issues with the iRig HD 2, though that wasn't a problem for me, during the time I spent testing the unit. I know that in some situations, a sound card or compliancy issue can cause this, especially if you're pairing the interface with a PC.

With iRig 2, you’ll be able to enjoy AmpliTube for iOS (the #1 app for guitar players). It's ready to go right out of the box. It comes with a powerful cross-platform suite of apps and software that includes free versions of AmpliTube for iOS and AmpliTube for Mac/PC. Note: On less powerful machines, the Kernal Buffer can be adjusted. Increasing this value will increase latency. You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases Klarna or V12 may need to look at the application in more detail. IK Multimedia offers the industry’s widest range of interfaces, controllers and amplifiers to connect to your computer or mobile device.It allows you to route your guitar's signal through one of these devices, meaning your phone, tablet or computer becomes a fully-functional effects processor.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment