276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Bands of Mourning: A Mistborn Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Marasi has her moments, which was an improvement from the last book, but with such a stellar cast of characters, she was kind of left in the shadows most of the times. Venturing out of Elendale to another city and getting a different perspective on the both the people of Elendale and those in the cities surrounding Elendale gave a new depth to this world and the political issues in it. Wayne is one of my favorite characters in literature as he has his own special brand of logic and way of looking at the world that is somewhat ridiculous at times but always entertaining, unique and full of funny.

What role might some of them have in the simmering turmoil threatening to rip the world of Scadrial apart? Because now that I’ve made my way through the third Wax and Wayne book, The Bands of Mourning, I can say that each book of this era has grown in its complexity.I need to, however, mention that I don't think The Bands of Mourning has reached the height of Mistborn: The Final Empire or The Hero of Ages yet. This book felt different from the first page, it was so fucking exciting and I knew straight away it was building up to a massive ending. I don’t want to spoil stuff, so there can’t be much more in regards to plot, but I will tell you that there are fabulous action and fight scenes, great dialogue and as I mentioned, Steris is just the coolest! And I’m so glad I waited to meet Wax and Wayne until all four books of their story had been released. As usual, the prologue was about Wax's past, and I loved reading about that (especially now that his sister was in it who turned out to be a major bitch).

Harmony, as those that are familiar with the series know, was once mortal but ascended to godhood, giving him (in so far as a god can have a gender) a more personal perspective on the lives of mortals. What did one make of a society where everyone hid their true feelings behind a mask, only letting out calculated reactions? He lives in Utah with his wife and children and teaches creative writing at Brigham Young University.We still don't know who or what Trell is, what's the real purpose of the Set and there is a lot of talk about investiture etc that I only have a shallow understanding of. Waxillium Ladrian hurried down the steps outside the bar-turned-hideout, passing constables in brown who bustled this way and that. Elendel spread before him, a soot-stained marvel of a city, leaking smoke from a hundred thousand different homes and factories.

At New Seran, Wax attends a party held by prominent noblewoman Lady Kelesina Shores, after acquiring a strange coin and partially uncovering a conspiracy Shores is involved in. At the beginning of this book he is still raw and hurt from the things he had to endure and it was beautiful to see him slowly heal those wounds.Steris Harms: Waxillium's betrothed, a moderately wealthy noblewoman who has a reputation for being a bore.

It explores what the limits of godhood are and how far they should be pushed (should God eliminate all evil? I totally think the action sequences in The Bands of Mourning are the most intense and incredible of Mistborn: Wax and Wayne so far. I loved chemistry between Wax and Wayne, and I think that their conversations were one of my favorite parts of the book (I also loved the friendship between Marasi and Wayne).We share a couple of similarities like my obsessiveness with lists and having the tendency to carry a thousand things in my bag ‘just in case’ 😂. Then I wanna mention the character and AMAZING character development (especially Marasi and Steris). Sanderson wrote the first third of Shadows of Self between revisions of A Memory of Light from The Wheel of Time series.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment