276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Dark Lady

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He has led many hip-hop Shakespeare youth arts, education and music projects across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

Now he’s ended up outside Graham’s store and told him everything but all Henry wants to do is sell the gold bird and find his mum in Venice. What I particularly liked was how Henry, the main character is given a chance to experience privilege and it shows how easily he is able to settle into his new position in the hierarchy now that it benefits him. I think this is something we can all relate to, since we all to some degree experience privilege at the expense of others and I like that the uncomfortableness of this is explored.

Format

Author Anna Kemp introduces The Hollow Hills, the sequel to her dark magical tale, Into Goblyn Wood. I recommend The Dark Lady to middle schoolers, high schoolers and those who enjoy somewhat melodramatic fantasy.

Hachette says Akala grew up in London. He is a BAFTA / MOBO award-winning hip hop artist, writer and social entrepreneur. In 2009, he co-founded The Hip-Hop Shakespeare Company, a music theatre production company that explores the social, cultural and linguistic parallels between William Shakespeare’s works and that of modern day rappers. Andrews, Charlotte Richardson (9 July 2014). "Brit-hop: 10 of the best". The Guardian . Retrieved 17 April 2020. Ablaze with atmosphere and adventure, Akala’s The Dark Ladyis a radiant, resonant tale of magic, a missing mother, and treachery in Elizabethan London. Additionally, the linguistic quality of the writing is frequently rather poor. There are errors in syntax, incorrect word useage, awkward sentence structures, dangling modifiers, and the list goes on. Singh, Nirmika (1 November 2012). "Rapper Akala combines Shakespearean verses and sonnets". Hindustan Times . Retrieved 17 April 2020.Akala’s book centres around a 15-year-old orphan boy named Henry who is haunted by the dreams of a mysterious dark lady. It is a young man’s coming of age journey and gives us a character who is a very smart and complicated character. Henry tried to fend for himself and his family by stealing, but when he tried to buy bread with the money he stole he got shut out.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment