276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moonface's Story (The Magic Faraway Tree)

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

According to the Index Translationum, Blyton was the fifth most popular author in the world in 2007, coming after Lenin but ahead of Shakespeare. Line a tin with baking paper and allow it to hang over the sides - this will allow you to pull the buns out easily after baking. I’m quite terrible with knowing the dimensions of my baking tins, so I have no idea what I used - find something that will fit roughly 9-12 hot cross buns in it. It’s hard to choose wrong. Lightly oil a large bowl and place your dough inside. Cover with a clean tea towel and let it sit for about an hour in a warm spot - it should double in size.

Enid Blyton had a way with words - more specifically - a way with food. Her numerous books, while telling the stories of children having adventures in faraway lands or solving mysteries on a private island (a re-read of some of the Famous Five books has now revealed to me at an older age that these families must be loaded. I mean, a private island with its own ruins?!) always seemed to being about the imagery of picnics and fresh baked breads. I have a little boy and love reading to him, so this reading list will cover the classic (and new) children’s stories we’re enjoying together.They unlatched the gate and stood in the lane. they could see the trees in the wood, and hear them talking their strange tree-talk: ‘Wish-wisha-wisha-wisha!’ If you pay attention reading this book (published 1939) you will see a good number of ideas re-used later by authors such as Roald Dahl and JK Rowling. Whether Enid Blyton was copying them in turn from some earlier writer I can't say. Suffice it to say that things like Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, and Willy Wonker's whole meal in a single strip of chewing gum may well have their root in the Faraway Tree's ... roots. In 2022, we published a brand-new story set in Enid Blyton’s Magic Faraway Tree world but written by a different author: the bestselling Jacqueline Wilson. This book was illustrated by Mark Beech. This story, called The Magic Faraway Tree: A New Adventure, sees three contemporary siblings, Milo, Mia and Birdy, encounter the Enchanted Wood, the Faraway Tree and all its wonderful inhabitants and Lands. In 2023, we will publish a second new adventure set in Enid Blyton’s Magic Faraway Tree world by Jacqueline Wilson: The Magic Faraway Tree: A Christmas Adventure, also illustrated by Mark Beech. Add the 3/4 cup of milk, oil, salt, ground spices, orange and lemon zests, and one cup of flour - mix with a spoon to combine. Unlike the first three books in the series, this work is not a novel, but a series of illustrations with short text underneath. The plot follows two new children, Robin and Joy, who have read The Enchanted Wood and want to join in the adventures. They go to the wood to meet Jo, Bessie and Fanny and meet some of the wood's residents, including Silky and Moon Face.

The three children make friends with colourful characters like Moon-Face, Mister Watzisname, Silky, and the Saucepan Man, feasting with them on Pop Biscuits and Google Buns and sliding down the slippery-slip which spirals down inside the trunk. Climbing the tree involves dodging the dirty washing-water which Dame Washalot pours down the trunk at regular intervals and avoiding peeping in at the Angry Pixie, who throws things at those who poke and pry. If you could climb a magical tree like the one in the book, what kind of magical land would you want to visit? Ah, one of my absolute childhood favourites. I consider it a privielige that I get to read it to both my own child (5 years old) and my class (NZ yr 3, so 7 turning 8). And it appears that the appeal has not diminished with time.Read this as part of 2018 Ultimate Reading Challenge, Category: " A book you were supposed to read in school but haven’t yet". Additionally, in this 2017 version, the "modern" illustrations are slapdash, with the minimum possible amount of detail. The fact that the front cover has what seems to be a carefully drawn scene from the 1940s version just rubs salt on the wound.

In October 2014, it was announced that the books will be adapted for the cinema for the first time and are being developed for a live action film version by Sam Mendes' production company, Neal Street Productions. TelevisionEarlier this week during a coversation with KC 2.0, I was reminded of my favourite childhood novel EVER ! You know there are so many books out there that can make your head explode with new ideas, and take you to places you've never imagined before. I'll bet you can find a book that can really get your head spinning and make your brain go Topsy-Turvy. Design a New Land: Have the children brainstorm, name and draw their own imaginative magical lands that could be at the top of the Faraway Tree, sharing their ideas with the class afterwards. I read an original version of this book, before the names were changed. I really don't think that the Author should be made to change the names of characters in a book because of the childish behavior of others. After two books, I still can't tell you the difference between the two sisters. After two books, I still couldn't give a damn if The Magic Faraway Tree got chopped and carved into wooden haemorrhoid applicators (as seen on QI). Moon Face is still creepy as frak.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment