276°
Posted 20 hours ago

beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO Open Studio Reference Headphones

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Speaking about driver and drive’ability – simple. It’s Tesla. It has 250 ohms of impedance yet they are very power efficient and pretty much can be powered even with budget DAPs. It’s just that they will really gain in overall sound quality if you plug them to something nicer. For frequency response reference, you can see the RAW measurements for both Analytical and Balanced pads from autoeq graphs. The DT 1990 in my opinion is a neutral headphone tuned for the music we listen to today, while never compromising itself to the temptation of sounding overly colored. This is what I mean:

Vorweg: Bevor ich diese Kopfhörer behalten habe, wurden der DT 770 Edition, DT 880 Special Edition, DT 990, DT 990 Pro, DT 1770 Pro, Sennheiser HD 650, Sennheiser HD 660s, Teufel Real Z, Teufel Real Pure und Teufel Real Blue NC zum Vergleich herangezogen.This cookie stores user-like settings for the chat system provider, which are required for our online chat service. Trusted Shops Like an absolute tank: Hand built in Germany at the Heilbronn factory. The 1990s are among the three newest 600-dollar, 250-ohm full-size Tesla headphones, the others being the closed DT1770 Pro, and the consumer-oriented Amiron Home. This is the latest iteration of the DT design, with more touches of refinement to this tried-and-true design. The 1990 is made up of metal and high impact plastics. The ear cups are plastic on the side, with laser-cut aluminum driver covers on the face and a fine mesh metal grill beneath. The hinges are fastened with torx screws with metal swivels, and the bales are finished in dark gray metal. The headband is now made from stitched protein leather, and the ear pads are velour with memory foam padding. This is the most refined DT model to date, and it remains rugged yet elegant. I expect this headphone to last a couple of decades easily. Weight is 370 grams, so depending on which headphone you're coming from, this can take some getting used to (i.e. Sennheiser HD650, Audio Technica M50/X). For me, the weight is a non-issue compared to other headphones I currently own. The most interesting result was perhaps in the clarity department, where applying EQ pretty much reduced the clarity across the board. Because the DT 1990 stands out so far from the other two headphones in the clarity department, it’s a relatively minor shift. It’s possible that the effect was due less to EQ itself than simply due to introducing MenuBus/DSP into the chain at all. I suspect it’s a little of both. There’s definitely an across-the-board hit to clarity, but in the case of the DT 1990 the biggest hit happens around the frequency where we’re applying the notch filter. Either way, it’s interesting to see that messing with the signal chain can have an impact on clarity. After a couple of weeks of gathering all sorts of information about reference headphones in the market, I decided to go for the Beyerdynamic's DT-1990 Pro. The main reason was to add a reference listening device to my home studio setup, and I must say I'm definitely amazed by the overall quality of the product.

LCD2C - Because these are so warm, I often find myself turning them up a bit higher than the rest to bring out a little more of the highs. Unlike the HD 600, the LCD2Cs bass has no problem as volume increases, staying tight and precise. Overall if you've done your research then you may enjoy these - and even then it will hopefully make you really appreciate these for what they can bring out of their sound. If you use these everyday then they may very well be worth their price. But my only personal preference and serious gripe with these is that the mids are not forward enough to really give more life to the presentation. Had it done that I would've easily recommended it to a lot more people. Because it really feels like I am having to search out for the guitar and vocals that aren't so front and center like I'm used to, but it may be fun for some regardless. But I certainly feel like I'm getting a bit more out of the drums (or the supporting instruments) than I am from the life and body of the presentation - and that is the guitars & vocals. I don't know if it's something you can EQ to get it to where you like, I think it could help a bit, but it's something to keep in mind for sure and is the biggest thing that I would change about this headphone. Over-sharpened treble does not indicate great detail retrieval and clarity. The inverse of this statement I find is also true, great detail retrieval and clarity does not indicate over-sharpened treble. The impulse responses also line up with my impressions. I’m still learning how exactly to interpret this particular measurement, so take my interpretation with a grain of salt. Beyerdynamic DT880 (all ohmic values); Beyerdynamic DT990 (all ohmic values); Beyerdynamic T5p (original)/(2nd Gen) (closed); [Beyerdynamic Amiron Home]; Ultrasone Edition 12But I'll try to be critical. I compared the DT1990 against the 770, 880, 990, 900 Pro, 1770, AKG something, Devine Pro and Neumann's in the store. Of these, the DT1990s were the absolute winner in terms of quality and clarity, there was no question about it. I am not sure how they compare to other brands like LCDs. Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro 250 ohms Headphone สรุป หูฟัง Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro 250 ohms Headphone เหมาะกับใคร? However, the DT1990s are not flat. In fact they are considerably worsely tuned than the predecessor DT990. The DT900 Pro were the 'flattest', but none of them are by any means flat. They are all boosted in the high end, but the 990 has 3 peaks, the 900 Pro has a broad peak and the 1990 has a narrow peak (bit higher freq than the others). Therefore, they sound quite musical, the high end (8-12k) on the 1990s is boosted so it sounds all crispy clear and beautiful, but you need a good reference monitor to ground you to reality. Design looks like a premium studio monitor. Better than the Audio Technica M50 and M70X. I love the mesh grills shown on the plastic cup slits - makes it look elegant in a way.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment