276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Lost Wife: A brand new unputdownable suspense thriller that will keep your heart racing until the very last page!

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In the present we meet a woman and a young boy who are on the run. They go to a holiday cottage in the Peak District. Their presence there seems to have been arranged before hand. The woman has little money, even less petrol, and is becoming more and more desperate. Also, she has a nasty knife wound on her arm. She dare not go to a hospital because someone is after her... The wound turns septic... The little boy, Josh, becomes more and more traumatized though the woman is trying to protect him. Georgina Lees was born writing, or so it seems. She started as a little girl scribbling in notepads, graduating to pounding on keyboards. At university, she started fulfilling her destiny by studying creative writing and also film. OK, so firstly, THAT alone brings the rating down for me. Why kill an animal so brutally? Why kill it at all? To me, it is senseless. I know it fitted in with the context of the story and by the end it did make a whole lot of sense but still...killing a dog, let alone bashing its head in with a shovel, is a big no no and my rating down will reflrect this. The lost wife' was fun to read and I want to say a big thank you to @netgalley for this review copy! Compelling, heartbreaking and beautifully written. This superb thriller will stay in my mind for a very long time’ B P Walter, Sunday Times-bestselling author of The Dinner Guest How well do you know your neighbour? Would you trust them with your life?

This is my first time reading a book by Georgina Lees and all I can say is WOW! From cover to cover, I was hooked.’⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ EXCERPT: Do you know what I loved most about you, Harry? It was how little you spoke; you were all actions instead of words. You'd leave arguments before they even began. You'd kiss me instead of telling me you loved me. You'd not come home if you were mad at me. I got more from your actions than I ever did from your words, but they could not save you - save us - in the end.It should have been have been the happiest day of their lives. They should have had a lifetime of happiness together. But at the end of the wedding, she is fleeing her husband covered in blood… A woman and child arrive at Bramble Cottage in the Peak District in the dead of night. Alone. Desperate. And hunted. They are coming for her, she knows It's only a matter of time. All because of the secret her husband kept. On the other hand, the novel has its shortcomings, primarily in the conclusion. The letter, intended to clarify and tie up loose ends, may leave some readers feeling unsatisfied. Instead of providing the hoped-for resolution, the letter’s explanatory nature detracts from the story. The loose ends have already been tied up and we didn’t need any further explanation, it felt unnecessary when readers had already formed their own conclusions from what had gone before, which provided a much more fitting end for the story. The characters in ‘The Lost Wife’ are what truly draw you into the story. Our protagonist is a flawed, yet utterly relatable woman, whose life has been turned upside down by her husband’s secret. As the story develops, it becomes evident that each of them is trapped within their own emotional turmoil, struggling against the grim reality of their lives. Watching these characters navigate the treacherous webs of deception adds a layer of tension that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The Theory of (Not Quite) Everything by Kara Gnodde is a tender, intelligent and uplifting novel about love in all its forms, and how life is more than just a numbers game . . . Somewhere in the Peak District, are a woman and a child. Being alone, scared, and persecuted. Can they escape the bad guys? The novel begins with a love story: Harry and Lea are getting married, but things are not as perfect as they appear. Harry is constantly at work and seems to be concealing something, but what? Lea wonders what her life might be like if she had made a different decision. The Lost Wife is a slightly better than an okay read, but definitely doesn't live up to this author's first book.I would like to thank GeorginaLees, #Netgalley and #OneMoreChapter for an ARC of #TheLostWife in exchange for an honest review. Ms. Lees’s following thriller, After the Party, is an equally suspenseful, edgy book full of obsessions and secrets. Forever three years Lizzie has been in love with Dean. They are colleagues but he’s never given her a second look. Despite this, ‘The Lost Wife’ remains a thrilling read, wherein Georgina Lees masterfully weaves a tale of secrets and lies that will leave you questioning everything you thought you knew about the characters. Readers searching for a psychological thriller that challenges them to wrestle with the complexities of human deceit and betrayal will find this novel a satisfying addition to their library. Thank you so much, publisher One More Chapter, and author Georgina Lees, for allowing me to participate in the read-along for The Lost Wife this week.

You always underestimated me and I always overestimated you.Maybe that was our problem.A woman and a child arrive at a cottage in the Peak District in the dead of night.Alone. Desperate. Hunted.She knows they’re coming for her. It’s only a matter of time.Because her husband kept a secret from her. Until he was ready to destroy her.Now, it’s her turn. The Lost Wife by Georgina Lees – eBook Details What a twisty story! I genuinely had no idea how this was going to end! A dark domestic thriller, where nobody is who they seem. Easily Ms. Lees’ best one yet.’ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Labels

Art is trying to help Mimi find love in the tune of an altrgorohim. I found this an easy read but wasn't truly invest I'm the characters. For me the pacing is slow and I haven't felt a connect to Mimi or Art. I feel at times this book is a bit long winded. I was excited to read the book because I liked the premise. Unfortunately, I had difficulty with this book.The Theory of Not Quite Everything

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment