276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Children's Illustrated Bible

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This Bible also gives the child the feel of the times, like showing plants, utencils, and statues that are mentioned in the story. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. Printed in large print with simple sentences, fast-moving stories and lively, detailed illustrations. Rather than many dumbed-down, Disneyesque versions of children's Bibles that I have seen, and rather than the somewhat lame materials offered by our church, the Children's Illustrated Bible connects with kids.

Important quotations from the King James Bible are included with useful references to chapter and verse. Whereas most bibles would have just shown the happy lovely Noah’s ark with all the lovely animals, mine just had the ark in the background with all the horror of God’s wrath in the foreground.

The wealth of scholar/consultants from different religious traditions assures that it authoritative and equally useful to kids of different religious backgrounds. I have bought pretty much every children's Bible, including the new ones from Ascension, and this one is just so much better for young children with short attention spans. With nearly 300 beautiful two-page illustrations to capture even the youngest child's imagination and heart, this vast collection of the Bible's most-loved stories is just right for sharing together or reading alone throughout the day. But even without that, this is a great overview of the Bible for little kids, much easier than the God's Plan in Scripture for young ones.

The somewhat lackluster illustrations on every page are not nearly as compelling as the stories themselves, but the variety of other artwork, including maps and color photographs of artifacts, plants, biblical places, animals, people, and architecture, makes up for any deficit there.

I want to get hold of a copy of this bible I had as a kid as they just don’t make them like that any more. I’m a pastor, the son of a pastor, and I learned a few things reading through this Bible with my daughter.

I love this so much because it's not crowded visually, and very succinct so as to keep a child's attention. A graduate in modern foreign languages, Janice Emmerson is the bestselling author of The Complete Illustrated Children’s Bible, The Jesus Bible for Kids, and The Illustrated Bible for Little Ones. This is the story of Jesus - his birth, his life, his death and his resurrection - and all the wonderful stories he told, the miracles he performed, and the good news that he brought for each and every one of us.My seven year old daughter loves to have me read the stories and talk about the pictures, she is especially interested in the photographs along the sides of the pages showing actual carpenter tools, clothes, jewelery, foods, etc.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment